jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do if you have a nightmare?

1. glmclendon profile image60
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

What do you do if you have a nightmare?

2. profile image0
    iamaudraleighposted 5 years ago

I curl up and hug my boyfriend until I can go back to sleep peacefully.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I usually get up and go sit in the bathroom so as not to wake up my husband.  If I have hyperventilated, I try to calm my breathing down and get my heart rate down so I can go back to sleep.

4. AliceFSpencer profile image60
    AliceFSpencerposted 5 years ago

I try to get up and get myself together with a glass of water and prayer helps a lot too. It helps me relax and go back go sleep

5. Brinafr3sh profile image78
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

If I have a nightmare, in my dream I began to call on the name "Jesus" Christ. During the nightmare I say "In the name of Jesus" then I amazingly wake up, then turn on my stomach to continue sleeping. I rarely have nightmares anymore after calling 'Jesus' name in my dreams. (Call on the name of Jesus and you will be saved).

6. HubertBarlow profile image58
    HubertBarlowposted 5 years ago

When you are in a dream, you failed to realize you can beat the nightmare by waking yourself up. But if I am in a nightmare, I will force myself to awake. At least i will force myself to get up. But if I cannot?LOL..

7. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I do occasionally have nightmare but will wake up knowing that it is just a nightmare and go back to sleep.

Most of the time, I do know that I am dreaming. It is a matter of practice and you will be able to control your dream.

8. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I've had a few nightmares, but they are not common and while I'm asleep it seems that I am aware that it is a nightmare. Once that awareness hits, I wake usually wake afterwards. I usually end up waking up and lie there until I go back to sleep.

working