jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What would you prefer: a nice dream or a nightmare?

1. Virhinio Neto profile image58
    Virhinio Netoposted 7 years ago

What would you prefer: a nice dream or a nightmare?

If you think about it, after a nice dream you wake up to return to your life which (probably) won’t be as nice as the dream. Consequently you will feel some disappointment.
    On the other hand, after a nightmare you wake up to return to your life which (most probably) will be much better than the nightmare. Consequently you’ll feel safe and happy with your life!
    So, tell me what would you prefer?

2. milesofjazz profile image61
    milesofjazzposted 7 years ago

Sorry man, this one is a no brainier for me. I'd definitely take a nice dream over a nightmare.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Definitely a nice dream...though I have to leave it, the emotions that go with me through dreams tend to carry over into the rest of the day. Sometimes they don't affect me for long, but other times they have a very real bearing on how I feel for the day...and if it's a really bad day, I can always go back to sleep and try to recapture the good dream, whereas there is no escape from the feelings associated with nightmares.

4. camlo profile image90
    camloposted 7 years ago

Although what you say seems to make sense, my life isn't so bad that I need nightmares to make it seem better.
    I prefer nice dreams.

5. chasemillis profile image68
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

dude I love nightmares because it gets my adrenaline pumping. And I feel like I'm always on a mission to escape or something exciting like that.

6. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

I love dreaming in my real life too and I often catch myself day dreaming while working on one of my endless creative pursuits. So any 'feel good' dream, in a day or a night, that helps me unwind my creativity is a wonderful bonus for me.
    On the other hand, I am grateful for nightmares as well as they signal something wrong is going on in my life and force me to pay attention to my surroundings more:)
    I believe everything bad is good for something and we should bring grateful for everything that crosses our path, although on the first sight it doesn't appeal to us at all:)