What do you use to treat your adult acne?

1. Heather Says profile image97
    Heather Saysposted 5 years ago

What do you use to treat your adult acne?

I never had pimples as a teenager, but now, in my almost 30s, I am breaking out every other day.  I tried proactiv, which worked beautifully for about two weeks and then suddenly I developed an allergy or reaction to it.  It makes my entire face puffy and swollen and my eyes also swell shut.  I have stopped using it, but still have breakouts.  My doctor prescribed me a liquid clindamycin, which also doesn't cut it.  Anyone else with sensitive and fair skin with this problem?  I'd love some advice from hubbers!

2. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

Sounds like you are sensitive to the benzoyl peroxide in proactive. I think your skin would best tolerate cleansers if you rotated then daily. Switch from a sulfur- bases cleaner to a salicyclic acid cleanser to a benzoyl peroxide cleaner from night to night. Often times our skin gets used to one product or develops a reaction to a product if used routinely... So change it up! 

Check out my hub for product recommendations:

http://harmony155.hubpages.com/hub/Clea … ffectively

3. frogyfish profile image78
    frogyfishposted 5 years ago

Hope you are still having a nutritional and hydrated diet.  You can try to use nano-silver creme as antibiotic as it is clear, unscented and really works to kill bacteria quickly.  It is available at Walgreen's- I just recently found it and my granddaughter loves using it! The one I used was by Curad. $6.99 for a tube.