jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's your cure or how do you treat insomnia?

1. skinsman82000 profile image80
    skinsman82000posted 5 years ago

What's your cure or how do you treat insomnia?

2. Christopher Dapo profile image78
    Christopher Dapoposted 5 years ago

Having had allergies all our lives, having allergy medication around really fights off insomnia. Take 2 tablets and you'll be knocked out for the night OR day.

If medication isn't your forte, you could try reading or, hubbers, this one's for you, writing! Get lost in your thoughts and bore yourself into a submissive sleepiness - works every time.

- S. and Christopher

3. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Exercise. When I'm physically tired, I sleep much better. A glass of wine or chamomile tea can help, too.

4. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

If natural ways appeal to you, I can recommend lavender essential oil. Inhaling it slowly can calm you down. You can even keep some dried lavender petals in your pillow case. Deep breathing exercises while you are lying down. Make sure there is absolutely no light in the room you are trying to sleep in, this will enable your brain to produce more melatonin which promotes sleep. Avoid caffeine in the evening at all costs. Don't have the tv on for great lengths at night before you try to go to bed. These tips helped me out when I was going through insomnia several months back.

5. Self Help Tips profile image71
    Self Help Tipsposted 5 years ago

I wrote a whole hub on this specific question.

If interested you may find it useful as it outlines 5 things you can do to sleep better.

Thanks

working