jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have shingles?

1. usmlefacts profile image57
    usmlefactsposted 6 years ago

Do you have shingles?

2. Mmargie1966 profile image93
    Mmargie1966posted 6 years ago

I don't, but my husband does.  Actually, he is at the end of it.  It was not really painful for him, however he has a high pain threshold.

It is one of the herpes viruses.  I wrote a hub on it so feel free to visit my page and check it out.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I don't have an outbreak at the moment, but I have had shingles on a few occasions. It is a viral infection called herpes zoster, and is carried in the system following an outbreak of chickenpox. It can remain dormant forever, or it may erupt during times of great stress. It begins with redness, itchng, and tingling then erupts into a patch of tiny blisters which are incredibly painful. Swelling of adjacent lymph nodes and neuralgia accompany it. Outbreaks last 7-10 days, but nerve sensitivity can last for several weeks. Common areas are on the torso and on the face and scalp with damage to the eyes.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My husband currently is battling it and has had horrible nerve pain.  The rash wasn't as bad but the nerve pain has been disabling and it has been just over a month.

5. christin53 profile image81
    christin53posted 6 years ago

I had shingles over 30 years ago I think it was brought on by stress. I had a small blister rash on the left side of my chest but it affected my arm and shoulder I could barely move it for the pain. I don't ever want it again.

6. libby101a profile image59
    libby101aposted 6 years ago

No...but I've had them and it hurt like nothing else! That is the worse pain I've ever felt in my life and i've given birth to three children!!!

working