jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

What is the worst physical pain you have ever experienced?

1. Ranzi profile image81
    Ranziposted 6 years ago

What is the worst physical pain you have ever experienced?

2. lilian1 profile image60
    lilian1posted 6 years ago

Giving birth !!! but all worth it in the end 2 gorgeous children ... this was years ago not many painkillers and such then but today its a lot less painful Ive been told because of drugs to relieve birth pain..

3. N.E. Wright profile image81
    N.E. Wrightposted 6 years ago

LOL.  Right now I have an upset stomach, and I cannot remember any other pain that was more painful.  LOL.  It hurts when I stand.  LOL.  No joke.

N.E.

4. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

The problem that I am facing is Flat Feet pain problem.

5. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

When I was 18, I fell and landed on my right arm. I broke a bone in my elbow. I remember walking into A&E and everystep I took jarred my arm.  The amount of times I had to stop then start walking again because the pain was unbeliveable. Later on another patient in the waiting room said to me, I could see the pain etched on your face. But through it all I didn't shed one tear no matter how annoyed I got with the staff when the time for an x-ray came.

6. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

Giving birth and kidney stone pain! The first was worth it; the second, believe me, you wouldn't want to experience it!!

7. Kaniel Loughran profile image58
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

Dislocated my shoulder 6-7 years ago; that was painful. Still clicks.

8. dkanofsky profile image58
    dkanofskyposted 6 years ago

Several years ago I got tendinitis below the knee cap.  When i kept my leg stationary the pain was tolerable but when i tried to walk it was terrible.  I never felt such excruciating pain in all my life.  The tendinitis lasted for at least two months.

9. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Pain in the stomach that can be extremely unbearable. Had to take 2 injections in order to relieve the pain.

10. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

It was when i has an accident and by the time iodine was applied during treatment in the hospital. I felt my body freezing with pain.

11. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I had a brief episode of surgical awareness (feeling the pain of surgery while under a general anesthetic).

I had a bad experience with a spinal during my first C-section--it didn't take all the way and I felt terrible pain.

So when my second child was born, I told them I wanted a general anesthetic.  I was laying on the table and my husband said--oh is she out already.  I went to turn my head and tell him I was not out but I could not move, I was totally paralyzed.  The surgeon started the surgery and I have never felt so much pain and all I could think was - oh my God, I am going to feel this entire surgery and cannot say a thing!

Then I was out. It only last about 15 or 30 seconds but it really left me with a fear of surgery--or not being fully out during surgery.

12. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

Breaking my leg. I split my tibia about 1/3 the way up like peeling a twizzler in half. It killed, and I needed a screw to keep it together. I am completely fine now, but i never want to go through that again!

13. PainReliefGuy profile image71
    PainReliefGuyposted 6 years ago

The worst physical pain I have ever experienced is a broken heart.

14. kevin.howell profile image60
    kevin.howellposted 6 years ago

I broke my nose in several pieces.  The doctor suggested putting me under to fix it.  I had him do it in the office without pain meds .  He spread my nose apart and put the pieces back together.  I should have chosen differently, but wanted to save money.

15. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

Easy, when I dislocated my left knee with it staying out of joint for almost 2 minutes.  Excruciating!

16. Hyphenbird profile image92
    Hyphenbirdposted 6 years ago

Childbirth! And a terrible burn from my skirt catching fire. That was probably worst because of the shock.

17. megwinkler profile image61
    megwinklerposted 6 years ago

Yeah, it's been said already: childbirth!  I've heard somewhere that giving birth is the closest a woman gets to death...without actually dying.  Trust me, if you haven't experienced it, it feels like you're dying for a while there.  Of course it's totally worth it, but wow.

18. Inspiration88 profile image80
    Inspiration88posted 6 years ago

Gunshot wound through the middle of my arm between my wrist and my elbow. It went in through one side and out through the other. At first I felt nothing. But about a minute later an excruciating pain seized my brain and lasted for days in a row. I felt constant pain in my arm day and night more than a week after the ER surgery that I underwent the same day.

Though the strongest pain I felt was on the way to the hospital. It felt like the insides of my arm were liquid and every breath I took caused almost unbearable pain surge, wave in and out.

working