jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you relax when the day's events have left you too wired to sleep?

1. Crystal Tatum profile image89
    Crystal Tatumposted 5 years ago

How do you relax when the day's events have left you too wired to sleep?

(She furiously typed at 1:30 a.m.)

2. iamageniuster profile image75
    iamageniusterposted 5 years ago

I go to the gym and work out. Then take a nice warm bath afterwards. It always helps me relax.

3. vims003 profile image46
    vims003posted 5 years ago

i prefer first to have a shower ,drink some cold water,then just keep your eyes closed and think about some good memorable events in your life or about your loving one and the moments with them.then your mind will get relaxed and engage in reading some good book or listen to good music .

4. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

After a stressful event when exhausted,  we use to take a shower bath and then go to the bed to have a  sound sleep. The next morning, one feels energized and ready to move to accomplish the day's task.

5. Eric Calderwood profile image83
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I read a few pages of whatever fiction book I'm currently reading.  I do this in bed with the lights out and with a flashlight.  then I turn the flashlight out and lie back and think as little as possible.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Read or listen to calming music usually makes me calm and sleepy!

7. jacope profile image86
    jacopeposted 5 years ago

I like to drink a cup of tea. My preferred tea is one I make of Chamomile (Matricaria recutita or Anthemis nobilis--German and Roman respectively), Catnip (Nepeta cataria), and Peppermint (Mentha piperita). It helps calm the nervous system and relax the body. It's not recommended if you are pregnant though. Taking slow, deep belly breaths helps as well.

working