jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How can I get rid of a sugar addiction?

1. InfoFinder profile image69
    InfoFinderposted 5 years ago

How can I get rid of a sugar addiction?

2. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 5 years ago

If you can't go cold turkey, than cut sugar out of your diet gradually - with a drop dead date.

There are lots of benefits of getting most sugar out of your diet. If you have chronic pain, you'll be amazed at how much it will help. Sugar causes inflammation.

3. kjrzeek1 profile image69
    kjrzeek1posted 5 years ago

You have to be very careful with trying to rid your diet of sugar so it doesn't come back to bite you.  I know when I am dieting hard or trying to cut weight for a tournament my body really craves sugar.  You don't have to get rid of sugar you just have to choose the right ones.  Focus your sugar allowances arout good quality sugar which you can find in apples, honey, agave nectar, pinapples, and yogurt.  Again everything in moderation is the best practice.  Good luck!

4. FitnessMarkLorie profile image60
    FitnessMarkLorieposted 5 years ago

Already stated, but you can't fully get rid of sugar.  Your body craves sugar when it needs sugar.  You simply need to choose the proper sugars because your body doesn't know the difference.  Choose fruits for sugars, and preferably fruits with a low to mid glycemic-index if you are trying to watch your weight.  Getting rid of all processed sugars will cut weight like you won't believe!

5. jaswinder64 profile image60
    jaswinder64posted 5 years ago

I know its very hard to get rid of any addiction, but slowly and persistently we can get rid of our habits, as you want to get rid of sugar. At starting whatever  you are eating, eat less amount then slowly decrease quantity. Eat more fruits and instead of eating white sugar, use brown sugar( shakar) which is natural and not harmful. I use brown sugar(shakar) at my home.

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 5 years ago

I found that having a balanced diet helps. When I started weight watchers, and follow it, my craving for sweets diminished to a point where I can pass them up now without a thought.

1. mbwalz profile image89
      mbwalzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love Weight Watchers, gets better and better every year. And I agree Lynn S. Murphy, when I do it consistently, my craving for sugar plummets! WW actually helped me cope with my Bulimia 15 years ago. Now, it's rarely a problem!

working