jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

do you control of your blood sugars?

1. jamesroy11143 profile image60
    jamesroy11143posted 7 years ago

do you control of your blood sugars?

Today is world diabetic day so do you control your blood sugar?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4103107_f260.jpg

2. Carol Bartram profile image60
    Carol Bartramposted 7 years ago

No but my Mother does. Checks it three times a day and let me tell you it's a pain as she only has use of one arm.

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 7 years ago

eat less sugary snacks, discard all sweets, candy and chocolates in my house, reduce sweet biscuits or cookies, replace sugar with milk, replace white sugar with brown sugar, drink coffee without sugar, drink more water and exercise 2 times a week

4. justom profile image71
    justomposted 7 years ago

I just love folks who comment and have no idea what they're talking about. You need not cut out sugar and sweets, that's just bull!

5. internett1t3 profile image58
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

Remember the saying "From the acorn grows the mighty oak" - anonymous (the most quoted author in the world).

* Break a big goal into small steps. If you plan to increase your physical activity, start by taking one 5 minute walk 3 times per week. Then start walking a little more often. Then increase the time you are walking. Remember little steps to reach the goal. Some people will get a dog. Taking it outside for walks and playing with it is a great way to get exercise without feeling like it is exercise.

* Make changes that you can stick with. The changes you should make are those you can keep for the rest of your life. It is a lifestyle change. For example, many people go on a diet to lose weight then stop the behavior that led them to lose weight and guess what..... within a year or two they have not only regained the weight they lost, they gain even more. Why?........they did not make a lifestyle change.

working