Have you ever lost a lot of weight fairly fast?

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Have you ever lost a lot of weight fairly fast?

I exercise pretty regularly (mainly cardio with a bit of weights), and eat okay (vegetarian, get enough protein, but am on the go a lot so I tend to eat more carbs+ processed food than I probably should). I drink tons of water and consider myself to be fairly healthy, but I just can't seem to lose weight. I did a diet a while back that is mainly protein, which worked, but it took a lot of time and effort. Have you ever lost a lot of weight? If so, how? I just want to figure out a way to amp up my health routine to shape up, especially with summer just around the corner!

2. Thundermama profile image90
    Thundermamaposted 5 years ago

I have twice, both when I did the low to no carb thing. It does come off quick, but unless you stay away from carbs it just creeps back. There's no lasting quick fix to weight loss. Slow and steady are always your best bet.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Last year I had pneumonia, and lost 10 pounds in one month.  That's the only time I experienced rapid weight loss.  Along with that, I also became significantly weaker, even though I hadn't lost much weight.  I have only recently regained my strength. 
    I don't recommend rapid weight loss.  The reasons for it are usually unhealthy.  Crash dieting is worse than worthless.
    Twelve years ago, I lost 30 pounds by exercising and eating smaller portions of healthy balanced meals.  True, about 15 of them crept back, but since I'm more muscular, it doesn't look as bad.  I now weigh 160 pounds.  When I first reached that weight, I had a moon face and double chin, but now I no longer do.
    I don't think low carb / high protein diets are a good idea.  A healthy diet should consist of 55% carbs (energy), 30% fat (organ and nerve protection), and 15% protein (replacement).  Simply cut back on your portions if you're not losing weight.

working