jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe food has an effect on your mood?

1. veggie-mom profile image71
    veggie-momposted 5 years ago

Do you believe food has an effect on your mood?

2. Global-Chica profile image96
    Global-Chicaposted 5 years ago

I think so. Chocolate always definitely makes me happier smile

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No.

4. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

Many foods can have effects on our mood by the supply of nutrients for the brain, or lack there of. Omega 3's are shown to have positive benefits for brain health and certain herbs can increase blood flow as well. Foods loaded with preservatives can have a negative impact simply by not being natural because thats what our own bodies are.

5. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Sure, that why all us ladies love chocolate. Plus I love ice-cream and baileys, you get the sweetness with just a hint of alcohol with gives you that happy buzz.

6. gclitty profile image89
    gclittyposted 5 years ago

Definitely.  That's why I like Chipotle.  Some foods leave you feeling gross and malnourished.  These types of foods are usually densely packed with calories.  (i.e. candy bars, in and out, etc.) At Chipotle, however, I can eat massive quantities of food and afterwords I feel like I have been nourished without intaking too much fat and sugar.  But this isn't just a commercial for Chipotle, most homemade foods are better than going out to eat.  But food can definitely have an effect on mood, both positive and negative.

7. JustForHearts profile image57
    JustForHeartsposted 5 years ago

Hi..!!
    Definitely..food does effect your mood.
    There are some foods which elevate your mood, some are stress busters and some may act as depressant. Thus, its very much important to know which food to eat mainly in stress.
    To know about these foods see
    http://justforhearts.org/food-for-mood-2/

working