jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is The Best Way to Lock Up Your Push-bike When Out & About-Leaving it for j

1. Inspired to write profile image77
    Inspired to writeposted 5 years ago

What is The Best Way to Lock Up Your Push-bike When Out & About-Leaving it for justMinutes at a Time

I am out & about on my push bike, I like to pop into shops & cafes' etc; what are the best methods for quickly locking up & unlocking a cycle? Would I lock just the frame, or the wheels too, if not, just one wheel & which one? How would I attach my bike to a post for the most least effective way for someone to steal my bike.

Thanks guys

Regards Dale

2. jaredbangerter profile image87
    jaredbangerterposted 5 years ago

Before you leave it, loosen all of the parts just enough so that if someone tries to hop on it, it will collapse.  No one will steal it that way and if the thief hurts themself bad enough in the process, you may even be able to catch them when you get back. :]

3. MikeNV profile image81
    MikeNVposted 5 years ago

Anything that is easily removed should be locked or removed.

Take your dog with you and train em to not be nice to people who get too close to your bike.  I see it a lot and it works great.

4. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 5 years ago

Hello
    To be honest I don't know. I recently visited Glasgow for ' a walk down Memory Lane' with my mother and to our amazement there was only a skeleton of a push bike left chain to a lamp post. If this was by design, then  I would have thought removing the wheels  ( unless they were quick release) seems to be a very extreme and time consuming solution. If it was on purpose then who ever took the wheels must have been desperate... but it did provide a funny interlude for my mother and I as we were walking along.
    Cheers Topaz Blue

working