jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have a favorite remedy for skin rashes/ailments?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Do you have a favorite remedy for skin rashes/ailments?

2. libby1970 profile image69
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

Vinegar is always good for skin rashes/ailments! I actuallly did a hub on this. Vinegar is good for almost anything...especially fighting bacteria and infections! Take vinegar and add it to a cottom swab and apply it directly to the affected area! You should see results in a day!

1. breathe2travel profile image81
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I will have to try it. smile

3. coffeegginmyrice profile image82
    coffeegginmyriceposted 5 years ago

I make my own since ointments and creams are costly.  I mix Vaseline petroleum jelly, olive oil and ground rock salt (just a pinch; optional) and add, mix properly with scraped insides of a banana peel.  You can also chop the banana peel and make a paste using a blender; mix well with your petroleum jelly and oive oil (from a jar). Oat is also good. Turn oats into powder and mix with the same base ingredients. 

As you might have heard, banana peel is a natural remedy even for stubborn psoriasis and eczema!  Don't throw away your empty facial moisturizer jars (ex. content of 80g) or mini samplers of moisturizers in glass containers. Use it for your homemade ointment remedy. These are handy for travel too. 

Lucas' Papaw Ointment is good as well and is made from fresh fermented papaya. But this is all the way from Australia! Perhaps then, you can make your own papaya ointment. Hmm, there should be probably more answers and home remedy ideas to research, but I am fine with the banana peel, it is soothing to different rashes, itch and insect bites esp. if hiking is your outdoor activity this spring and summer.

working