jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Anyone have a good home remedy for cleaning a kettle?

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Anyone have a good home remedy for cleaning a kettle?

Many of the products I've seen for cleaning kettles are packed full of chemicals. So I'd really be interested in any home remedies that hubbers may use.  Many thanks for any responses made!

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Vinegar is a great natural product with tons of cleaning uses. I haven't found anything that apple cider vinegar can't clean! I hate using chemicals because I have both children and pets in the house so I use vinegar instead. Sometimes it will require a slightly longer soak time though.

3. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

Rice and a little water works well as a scrubber for bottles, kettles and other items that your hand can not get into. Just add enough uncooked rice and water to make a slush, and then shake or swirl the contents around inside the container.  Peeples is also correct but in the case of a kettle I would combine vinegar and baking soda and let the natural reaction clean away deposits.... do so in the sink... it will foam and froth and rush out the top of the kettle.

4. novascotiamiss profile image87
    novascotiamissposted 5 years ago

Vinegar is definitely the best, cheapest and healthiest solution. For stubborn stain just leave overnight. I also use baking soda to get rid of stubborn stains. Just sprinkle some on a damp cloth.

working