jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have a natural remedy for tick bites?

1. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Do you have a natural remedy for tick bites?

Tis the season and with so many dogs and cats and the countryside, what is a good natural solution to avoiding tick bites and treating them as well.

2. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Some people suggest apple cider vinegar might repel ticks, apparently ticks don't like the smell of it and it  is harmless to cats and dogs. Here are the instructions on how to give it to them.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/25566 … pel-ticks/

3. SherryDigital profile image60
    SherryDigitalposted 5 years ago

Wild Oil of Oregano is a highly praised, cure-all herbal remedy. I used it to cure my pneumonia last month without having to see a doctor.

It is also very effective in killing ticks and treating Lyme disease. Do a little research on it, it is a great remedy to keep in your medicine cabinet.

4. noenhulk profile image73
    noenhulkposted 5 years ago

no need to post any advice. Advices I read are enough for me to leave positive votes. I am learning with questions and answers anywhere in the topic I like. Voted up!

5. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Garlic is in my opinion the best solution. It kills bacteria on the bite, helping prevent future infection. Just apply a raw piece directly to the bite. To keep them from getting on them they can be washed in vinegar and then sprinkled with garlic powder. This will also keep fleas away. A small amount of vinegar  can also be added to their water to help prevent bugs and will give them a shiny coat!