Is exercising early in the morning bad for your joints?

1. Nomascus concolor profile image60
    Nomascus concolorposted 5 years ago

Is exercising early in the morning bad for your joints?

2. Coach Ellen profile image69
    Coach Ellenposted 5 years ago

Exercising early isn't bad for you joints.  Exercising without the proper warm-up is what puts pressure and undo stress on your joints.  Always make sure that no matter what time of the day you are working out you do a proper warm-up.  Any activity like walking that gradually increases the heart rate as you pace increases will get blood flowing to all the muscles.  After 5-10 minutes of moderate cardio, then take an additional 5-10 minutes to stretch all the large muscle groups of the body.  This will prepare your body for your workout and help to decrease joint pain.  Additionally, it is a good idea to do a proper cool down as well so that your body can adjust after your workout.  Eating a proper balance of protein and good carbs within the first 30 minutes after your workout will help rebuild your muscles and repair them following the stress of your exercise session.  One final note is that you should get a doctor's approval before beginning any exercise program to make sure that your body is physically prepared and able to exercise.

3. gramon1 profile image75
    gramon1posted 5 years ago

Coach Ellen is completely right. I tend to warm up with static exercises that force my muscles to work hard, but require minimal movements or none. Even more than the joints, my major concern is with tendons and ligaments. Especially, the tendons receive the full effort that the muscle is producing. If your exercise program strengthens the tendons, you will seldom get injuries.
    Regarding morning or afternoon, the main difference is whether you are a morning person or a night person. My performance in the mornings is less than 70% of what it is when I practice after 5:00 PM. Morning people do much better in the morning. I am useless then,