jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What's your blood pressure-when was the last time you had it checked.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

What's your blood pressure-when was the last time you had it checked.

Most healthy people don't go to the doctors very often so how do you know your blood pressure?

2. missolive profile image96
    missoliveposted 5 years ago

Hi Brian, I suffer from high blood pressure and I invested in my own machine. I keep it on my nightstand and check it about every three days. It cost me about $40 American dollars.

Sometimes I'll use the one at our local pharmacist when I want to compare readings. Fortunately, I've been able to keep it under control.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is a very good answer missolive, I wonder how many people bother to buy their own machine, thanks for your comment.

3. missolive profile image96
    missoliveposted 5 years ago

This article defines systolic and diastolic pressure, ranges of normal readings, and conditions like prehypertension and hypertension. Includes labeled photos and a video tutorial. read more

4. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 5 years ago

Yesterday at the Doctor's office I was recorded at 111/68.  This is down from 155/80 six months ago.  Three things helped me get to good BP:  Walking a mile a day, substitution of water for sugary beverages, and Lisinopril.

5. bockshiner profile image83
    bockshinerposted 5 years ago

I check my blood pressure sometimes when I visit my parents. They have a machine. My blood pressure has always been fine when I check it so I don't worry about it.

6. Bonitaanna profile image78
    Bonitaannaposted 5 years ago

My BP is up and down everyday. I am not able to take BP medication as it has a tendency to stop my heart from beating at night when I am asleep.  The doctors tried me on over 8 BP medications.  None of them worked. They told me that I would just have to treat it with natural things. So the oils help thin my blood, I take potassium everyday also, as that helps.  But the main thing that lowers my BP is coffee,  You see I am not like everyone else. I tried to tell the doctors that. They could hardly believe me but it is true. When I drink a cup of coffee, it raises my heart beat up to normal and in doing so, it lowers my BP because the heart begins to pump the fluid off my body. I have a very low heart beat that drops into the 40's at night. Then when I get up it only goes up to about 60 beats, which is still too low. I wonder how many people out there on BP pills have the same problem, I have. If I take a BP pill which lowers my heart beat even more than it already is, it can stop the heart from beating. That was what was happening to me. Then I would wake up ghasping for air every night, because I would stop breathing! The normal heart beat for a man is 72, and for a woman is 80 beats per minute. I was averaging 60-64 beats a minute. When your heart rate is too low it will make you tired all the time. I also check my Blood Pressure all the time.

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

It was something like 124/76 done at a doctor visit.  I check on the blood pressure machines at work and at the pharmacies.  However, I hear that they are not as accurate

working