jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Cure for sore legs?

1. steinbergr profile image73
    steinbergrposted 5 years ago

Cure for sore legs?

I did a little more exercise yesterday than I do normally now my legs hurt so much it is difficult to walk around. Anyone know what I could do make the pain go away?

2. PageC profile image61
    PageCposted 5 years ago

Drink plenty of water, and try to keep moving and stretching gently, nothing vigorous. Consider eating a banana for potassium, and taking some magnesium glycinate.

This won't make the pain go away, but it should help it subside.

You could try painkillers, of course, but the pain can be a signal to help you not overdo things until you are more recovered.

3. ecomama profile image65
    ecomamaposted 5 years ago

Keep moving!  Break up that lactic acid by moving it out of your body.  Just move slowly.. Also a warm bath with epsom salts works nicely and so does arnica gel..

4. gmmurgirl profile image83
    gmmurgirlposted 5 years ago

Sore legs due to exercise may be relieved by over-the-counter pain killers if it becomes unbearable. However, one may opt to simply wait until your body gets used to your new physical activity. A simple massage with some herbal oils will also help relieve those tired and achy leg muscles.

5. tribook profile image61
    tribookposted 5 years ago

Ice bath...run as cold as possible water over your legs in the shower for as long as you can and then let them warm up naturally.  I also like compression socks or tights that cover your legs and help reduce inflammation and increase venous return.  This, along with some light stretching, helps me to recover quickly from long and hard workouts.

6. harmony155 profile image69
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

stretch, exercise some more, and then try to get a massage in the sore areas