jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What one experience changed you for the good or bad?

1. brittvan22 profile image82
    brittvan22posted 5 years ago

What one experience changed you for the good or bad?

What experience in your life changed, who you thought you were into who you are now? Good or bad?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6646981_f260.jpg

2. camira23 profile image61
    camira23posted 5 years ago

Reading a book 5 years ago definitely change my life, for good.Just reading that book I change atitude and acchomplished so many things since then.This is the book "The Alchemist" by Paolo Coelho

brittvan22posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, interesting!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure that the change was as profound as you describe but it did change me.  I used to work in a wonderful little bookstore.  The gal that owned it was wonderful and I worked there for 5 years and we got very close.  She sold the store but I still saw her weekly at church - she had a wonderful husband and two young children. She was one of the most energetic people I have ever known.

She got sick - pancreatic cancer and I can't tell you how affected I was by her struggle with it and her death.  45 years old and so much life left to live. It left me rather cynical and with a sense of hopelessness - that no matter how we try, or who here needs us - death can occur, a death that to my human mind made no sense.

brittvan22posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, sorry for your loss. I felt that same way when I lost my daughter last year. I struggled in my grief process. I went through anger, helplessness,etc. Thanks for sharing, stay strong.

4. brittvan22 profile image82
    brittvan22posted 5 years ago

For me it was my daughter Maria (my oldest) she has changed my way of thinking and truly thought me to embrace this life. She was premature and her journey to date has left me inspired and ready for the next thing.(she is only four.) To see her go from a 2 pound four ounce baby to a four year old adventurous, ENERGETIC, inquisitive four year old has been a blessing. My Maria.

working