jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has reading a book ever changed your life?

1. JulianaDragoness profile image76
    JulianaDragonessposted 5 years ago

Has reading a book ever changed your life?

2. Diane Van Hook profile image75
    Diane Van Hookposted 5 years ago

I often come across media that makes makes me shift my path ever so slightly, without realizing how much change has been made.

The first book to do so was Harriet the Spy, which I dove into after the movie came out.  In the ensuing years since then, that has always stood as the first domino to fall, sparking my imagination, and letting me believe that I can do extraordinary things.

3. fitmom profile image81
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

Yes! I think all quality books have some lasting impression that may change your life at the time or at some point in the future. It doesn't have to be earth shattering to make a difference.

One book that changed my outlook was The Purpose Driven Life. I loved it. It's one that even non-readers can do because the chapters are short and you do one chapter a day.

4. MURMAID profile image61
    MURMAIDposted 5 years ago

The two things that a book should do:
    Inform, or transform.

As an editor and publisher, I have learned so many things, from growing and distributing marijuana to cocaine, from evading and capturing the bad guys, the secret lives exposed in memoirs.

Sometimes, along comes a novel that is exceptional. My soon to be released "Legend" is one of those.

It has transformed my look at nature, its ills and goodness. I will never look at things the same.

Nancy Frederich
    Sirena Press

working