jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think life is too fast-paced today?

1. Jennifer Madison profile image88
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

Do you think life is too fast-paced today?

2. AngelaPiccola profile image60
    AngelaPiccolaposted 5 years ago

I think it feels fast-paced, because of the dissociation of time. With cable television, internet and countless other tech gadgets a few hours feel like minutes to the user.

3. Sushma Webber profile image83
    Sushma Webberposted 5 years ago

I do feel we are unnecessarily in a hurry all the time.

Recently I have been thinking seriously on what I am doing with all the time I have saved using time-saving gadgets like washing machines, dishwashers, buses, emails, to name a few.

What are we doing with our time? Why don't we have time for people? Or just to sit back and read a book?

It is human tendency to fill up the time with activity or duties. Whatever time we have we try to use it all up.

When will we find time for ourselves when we are so busy doing something all the time?

I am making a conscious effort to slow down and be in the NOW. I am trying to make life simple, simpler than it already is.

To do this I am making it a point to meditate regularly every morning. That is why I am becoming more aware of myself in my daily activities and my attitude while I engage in them.

It has certainly helped to reduce stress. The practice of being in the now is quite energizing. But I am making sure not to use up all the energy by getting busy.

4. penlady profile image61
    penladyposted 5 years ago

Yes it is. We're all in such a hurry to do things these days, yet we seldom take time to enjoy life. In the midst of our rush, we miss out on such much that life has to offer us.

5. Jennifer Madison profile image88
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

Yes, we are, unfortunately. Although we are always inventing new machines and modern technology to make everything faster and more efficient but somehow we are not eating as healthy as we used to, we never have time, not even for our friends and we are always stressed. It is kind of paradox.

working