jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think it is the right choice to get married just for the reason of gettin

1. TeacherCaro profile image60
    TeacherCaroposted 5 years ago

Do you think it is the right choice to get married just for the reason of getting pregnant?

Some women  got married just for being pregnant and then they realised they do not love the man any more. What about the future of the couple? and the baby?

2. lifegate profile image80
    lifegateposted 5 years ago

It's certainly an unfortunate situation, but the truth is love is a choice. We don't have to feel "in love". We can choose to love although most people don't understand this. Love means putting the other before yourself even though it may not be reciprocated.

As far as the baby, it is also a fact that the child needs both a mother and a father to be well adjusted. There are emotional needs that only the father can provide. A single mother can never meet those needs and the father cannot meet certain of the needs provided only by the mother. Almost assuredly, another man other than the father will not love your child. In the beginning it may seem so, but most likely that relationship will fail in the end leaving even more scars.

That may not be the answer you want to hear, but as a counselor I see it everyday.

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

This is my opinion and mine alone.  One mistake has already been made, why make another one?

4. Craig Suits profile image77
    Craig Suitsposted 5 years ago

Getting married just to get pregnant is not only stupid but as about as selfish as it gets. Hillary Clinton said: It takes a village to raise a child and she was right on except she neglected to state a loving, intelligent, mother and father are also required prerequisites...

working