jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What way do you use to drop a few pounds?

1. BraidedZero profile image90
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

What way do you use to drop a few pounds?

Do you work out to lose weight? Do you do cardio, weight training, or some kind of variation? Or do you maybe diet when you want to lose weight?

2. Sage in a Cage profile image81
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty active most of the time so, if I wish to lose an extra few pounds, I tend to just cut back on the 'extras' I eat. I will try substitute healthier options for my usual snacks e.g. having carrot sticks and a salsa dip instead of a mammoth bag of crisps.

BraidedZeroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's cutting back on the "extras" that is the most difficult too. I am a huge snacker. Just like everyone else I eat when I'm bored. So I always have to stop myself from doing that first.

3. Steven Gray profile image83
    Steven Grayposted 5 years ago

I went through a year-long process of cutting out processed foods and retraining my taste buds to enjoy the taste of foods in their natural form.  I now follow the paleo diet, having lost fifty pounds and gotten rid of my seasonal allergies in the process.

I try to stay active by attending a kickboxing class once or twice a week, taking walks in the afternoons and setting timers to get up out of my chair and do pushups and squats when I spend long periods of time sitting to write or edit.

1. Vasiliki Bouras profile image60
      Vasiliki Bourasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That seems to be the key...get rid of processed foods. You will see results quickly and feel amazing.

2. BraidedZero profile image90

The way you eat is definitely the number 1 way to cut weight. That's for sure. Thanks for the advice!

4. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 5 years ago

i always follow the mediterranean diet, but when i want to drop a few pounds, i count calories. it's sure-fire. i lose a pound a week.

Counting calories can be so tedious. It's a pain but it definitely works. Thanks for the feedback.

working