jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What would you do if your house was a mess and an acquaintance knocked on the do

1. hobbynob profile image79
    hobbynobposted 5 years ago

What would you do if your house was a mess and an acquaintance knocked on the door?

2. hlruther profile image76
    hlrutherposted 5 years ago

I either step outside to talk to them or invite them in and apologize profusely for my house looking like hell. Usually I try some futile attempt to push things aside giving the appearance of cleanliness.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Unexpected? I would invite them in and ask them to excuse the mess, That I wasn't expecting company. But, It's great you dropped by.

4. Eric Calderwood profile image85
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

My house is always a mess!  I just let them in anyway.  Unless the house, for some reason, is in much worse condition than usual, then I just talk through the door or go out on the porch.

5. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 5 years ago

It's happened before and I just tell them to ignore all that they see, direct them to a clean portion of the house and tell them to stay there until I tidy the place up a bit. My house normally isn't too far gone and messy so all I have to do is pretty much pick up here and there.

6. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Usually the house is a mess because we have 3 big dogs and it is chaos.  I would likely not answer the door rather than be embarrassed. With cell phones, there's really no reason not to give a quick call before going to someone's home.

7. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I would easily explain my busy schedule and let them in. If they don't understand, then I don't care.

8. Cobrafan profile image79
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

Invite them in. My friends know I can be messy. Not a big deal.