jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What should you cook when you invite a date to your house for the first time?

1. marcofratelli profile image70
    marcofratelliposted 8 years ago

What should you cook when you invite a date to your house for the first time?

2. spiritedstar25 profile image54
    spiritedstar25posted 8 years ago

Id go with some potatoes and cutlets.  Its easy to cut and it isnt such a hassle to cook.  Also a salad at the start of the meal is always a good idea.

Just avoid pasta because theres really not a way to eat pasta elegantly and anything with heavy garlic and onions.

3. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Homemade pizza really goes a long way. If it isn't homemade by you, don't have pizza. Normally, it takes little effort to learn how to make a pizza, and even less to make it come out great. A good thing to note is any allergies and make sure she/he isn't allergic to the ingredients!

~thranax~

4. profile image0
    Eva Hanssonposted 8 years ago

Personally, I think a nice pasta sets the mood. A penne is definitely the way to go for ease of eating! It's fairly easy, universally liked and presents nicely.  It can be a simple one with alfredo and chicken, or more in depth with colorful vegetables.  Make sure to make a salad as well, Spring mixes are good, or even just a Caesar works.  The final touch is a great bread, like French or a dense sourdough.  It might be just me, but I might stay away from garlic bread if you anticipate any romance later...  I forgot to mention a nice red wine.  Can't go wrong.

5. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I have some cute, easy, romantic food ideas: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Sexiest-Mea … ood-Photos

6. Kathy T profile image59
    Kathy Tposted 8 years ago

Cooking takes a lot of time and I would be way to nerves to get the recipe right. I would ask my date what they like and order it from a good restaurant. Without them knowing of course, serve it on really nice plates. I would spend more time on the room we would be eating in was romantic. Less kitchen mess to worry about and you can spend more quality time with your company.

7. paige1 profile image55
    paige1posted 8 years ago

i think mans get more turn on for womans that cook really good.that well tell u a lots about them self and every others aspects......

8. HubCrafter profile image68
    HubCrafterposted 8 years ago

Hi Marco:

A man should ALWAYS cook something WITH his date...the whole thing from start to finish..together.

HOWCUM? ...gladUasked.

If you two can enjoy this time together, working together, talking, deciding, (laughing!!!!)...then you've got a shot at a relationship.

AND...you get a meal. SO. What's NOT to like?

OK. So WHAT to cook..was THAT the question?

Homey, ya gotta trust me on this. It doesn't matter WHAT you cook. What matters is, do you and Ms. Date share a Happy Meal?.... or is it just...Hormones for One?

When she comes over..invite her to the fridge, the pantry. Then ask her to join you in an adventure for just the two of you that can NEVER be repeated. Invite her to talk about the foods she likes. You too.

Eventually the hunger leads you both. Listen to this OLD GUY. I cook. And...I know.

If she says, "You do it."
    Run to the door and open it quick. It's my ex-wife. She'll understand. And you...will thank me.

HubCrafter

working