jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do cravings result from nutritional imbalances?

1. Virtual Treasures profile image56
    Virtual Treasuresposted 5 years ago

Do cravings result from nutritional imbalances?

2. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, people are known to have cravings for and eat dirt and clay; probably when suffering from mineral deficiencies. Read a historic letter once where a man far away from home had requested someone to send him "a good bag of dirt to eat."

3. Virtual Treasures profile image56
    Virtual Treasuresposted 5 years ago

Alastar--for some reason it wouldn't let me comment on your response, so I hadd to submit it as an answer.  Anyway:

Wow, Alastar!  That's something and I hadn't ever heard of that!  Learn something new every day!  Going to come over and check your hubs--I haven't been there in a while and you always have the most interesting hubs!  Glad you stopped by to answer.

4. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Always....funny but true, when watching your diet and you crave something sweet...reach for a cold dill pickle..or garlic stuffed olive...you will feel satisfied and
    the lactic acid in the juice will prevent cramping in muscles of the legs...
    Hormonial imbalance will cause women to crave carbs..where as an electrolyte imbalance will cause you to crave salt... My words to all are ".if you feel out of whack..consult a trained nutritionist to guide you through the process of getting back on track...".
    Your questions are very interesting...perhaps a hub is in order....

working