How to get rid of negative thoughts.?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)
  1. maheshpatwal profile image65
    maheshpatwalposted 12 years ago

How to get rid of negative thoughts.?

Is there any way we can completely and permanently flush out the negativity from our lives?

2. catmalone profile image66
    catmaloneposted 12 years ago

Analyze what is causing these negative thoughts and begin replacing them with positive ones. There are always reasons behind our thoughts.

3. passthejelly profile image73
    passthejellyposted 12 years ago

Focus all you energy on being positive and surround yourself with positive people and a positive atmosphere.  Most of the negativity in our lives comes from things in our every day routine like music and friends.  My suggestion, listen to positive music and positive music, as well as surround yourself with positive people.  You attract the energy you put out.

4. Diana Lee profile image78
    Diana Leeposted 12 years ago

Negativity will always be in force and sadly many of our own friends and relatives will see we get our share of their idea of a bitter existence. The only way I have found to deal with people like this is to stay clear of them and not to encourage their negative opinions. Let them know how you feel about these outbreaks of complaints and if it is about what you do personally it most certainly is not a topic you wish to disgust with them. To completely vanish negativity means completely vanishing the human race.

1. Diana Lee profile image78
      Diana Leeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here's a hub I wrote back in May which explains more of my opinion on the topic. http://diana-lee.hubpages.com/hub/Overc … e-Thoughts

5. novascotiamiss profile image68
    novascotiamissposted 12 years ago

Concentrate on the positive things in life: Every time a negative thought comes up, remind yourself that negativity is bad for your mental wellbeing. Then think of all the nice things and block out the negative.

6. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 12 years ago

Hello
    I am now regularly using the  mantra's of self identity Ho'oponopono. This suggests that outward reality is created by each individual and whatever we see on the outside is actually inside us . So if there is anything you noticed that you don't like, or makes you frustrated or whatever ( this is a reflection of what we have been thinking inside) then you could try saying
    'I love you, I'm Sorry, Please forgive me and Thank you ' and see if this transforms your moment. It may even help everyone around you too. This also replaces all our negative self speak with more uplifting positive self talk. I don't know about anyone else but I sure prefer having more positive self talk. I now in general, say this in my head throughout my day , as my  background thoughts. However this is a continual process each and every day, each and every moment .
    Many thanks
    Topaz Blue

7. ThriftyBoomer profile image60
    ThriftyBoomerposted 12 years ago

Negative thoughts are a result of feeling powerless. People need to feel in control of their lives or they are miserable.

Go to a peaceful place, perhaps a pretty neighborhood park, and take a pad of paper and pen with you. As you unwind, jot down the problems you are facing. Identifying the problems that cause stress and feeling helpless are the first step to getting rid of negative thoughts.

Consider different solutions to each problem. For example, if your boss is a jerk who humiliates you in front of your coworkers, then possible solutions are speaking with him privately to see if you have unknowingly offended him, speaking with human resources to see if they will intercede or transfer you to another department, or updating your resume and discretely look for another job.

Much of the negativity will disappear when you start to take control of the situation. Every problem does have a solution. They might be long-term solutions, but actively working toward your goals will give you the stamina to continue.

8. Green Lotus profile image61
    Green Lotusposted 12 years ago

The answers given to your question so far have been wonderful. The only suggestion I would add is to practice meditation and yoga on a regular basis since you mentioned "completely and permanently".  (that's a tall order!smile

Both yoga and meditation are powerful self-healing modalities that engage your mind and your breath. Deep, mindful breathing alone is very healing and releases negativity.

Another exercise is to smile! The physical act of smiling triggers the brain into thinking happier thoughts.

9. lupine profile image64
    lupineposted 12 years ago

Keep in mind that negative thoughts result in negative outcomes. Each time you begin to have a negative thought, immediately change it to a positive one, or picture a scene you love, such as in nature...trees, lakes, beautiful beaches, a bright colorful sunset, or of people you love. Stay away from negative places or people that bring you down. Go for a walk, read a self-help book, listen to relaxing music. Don't focus on problems, but on the solutions. Happy thoughts!

10. rgalloway56 profile image69
    rgalloway56posted 12 years ago

I don't think there is any way we can completely and permanently get rid of the negativity in our lives and around us.
    But we can control if, and how, it affects us.  We have to remember that WE are in control of what we put into our minds.  Therefore, we can control how it affects us.
    However, it is not always easy.  I was a life-long negative thinker and I still struggle with negative thoughts and dealing with negative people.
    Start by making small, short-term goals to improve your negative thinking.  Don't jump in and make it a goal to wipe it all out in one fell swoop.  You will surely fall short of your goal and that will only reinforce negative thinking. 
    Take it a day at a time.  For some, it will have to be an hour at a time.  And, by all means, don't put yourself down if you regress.  Remember, that it will take time.  It helps to surround yourself with positive friends.  Music, is one way I keep negative thoughts away.  Music keeps me focused on the pleasantness of the melody.
    Try this: look for the good in others, and compliment them.  This takes the focus off of yourself and your negative thinking and looks for the positive in others.
    Also, constantly remind yourself of the good qualities you possess and concentrate on those.
    Another thing that always helps me keep negative thinking at bay, is reading the Bible and focusing on God's love and how he made us in his image.

11. Vegas Elias profile image60
    Vegas Eliasposted 12 years ago

It is easy said than done. I sometimes get negative thoughts for long periods of time stretching to two to three months. Sometimes taking a break and listening to music has helped me to change to positive thoughts. Also there are people and places which push you back into negative thoughts. In such cases it is advisable to avoid such people and places.

12. phillippeengel profile image81
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

Yes, if you live in accordance to the dao and you do not let temptations and attachments trouble you.

13. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 12 years ago

I don't believe there is a way to get rid of negative thoughts for good. Having said that there are ways of combating such thoughts that do work rather well. Negative thoughts tend to go away when I am working on an article or a story. If I were a painter I would imagine that painting would be my answer. If I was a gardener then it would be gardening. Overall answer? Find something you love and work at it. The blues mostly attack me when I am feeling helpless and hopeless. Writing gives me hope and I certainly don't feel helpless when putting pen to paper. All up, find what works best for you and stick with it.

14. mariteslausin profile image62
    mariteslausinposted 12 years ago

Yes. Be contented on what you have and accept that everything happens for a reasons.

15. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 12 years ago

There may be many other ways to reduce the negativity, but the practical experience about it is that Meditation  is the only way which can help us to get rid of the  problem. If the meditation is done regularly, its outcome would be tremendous without any side .effect.

16. rumanasaiyed profile image74
    rumanasaiyedposted 11 years ago

Negative thoughts get room in our mind  due to following reasons:
    - Idleness
    -lack of patience
    -Expecting more than required
    -lack of trust in God

There is an article which best suits your questions. Refer it to get detailed answer
    http://rumanasaiyed.blogspot.ae/2013/02 … dness.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)