jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are you happy with your country's health care system?

1. Anishpat profile image80
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

Are you happy with your country's health care system?

If you live in the United States, how do you think the health care system compares to the rest of the developed world?

2. carol3san profile image59
    carol3sanposted 5 years ago

No.  Not when you compare our cost of medical procedures, and hospital stays to other countries.  Our cost here in the US is outrageous.  From what I can determine, other countries pay a substantially lower cost in medical procedures (like a MRIs and E.R. care).  Even medications are a great deal lower in many other countries compared to what we have to pay here.  If the new health insurance coverage gets thrown out by the supreme court, that will take away some of the bigger benefits of our health insurance coverage, such as not being denied coverage for a preexisting condition.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I think our system is horrible. We should copy the health care system from Norway or Sweden.

1. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just heard on the news that that the US is number one in the world for health care cost, but is number 39 as far as the quality of care given.

4. MargaritaEden profile image75
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

I think US is good in a surgical department, they do high quality surgeries, but as far as treatment for chronic conditions goes, this handled better by alternative health providers. And as someone mentioned, prices are just outrageous!