jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Should high schools be allowed to offer birth control for free to help prevent t

1. ashleybunn profile image61
    ashleybunnposted 5 years ago

Should high schools be allowed to offer birth control for free to help prevent teenage pregnancy?

2. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

I think this would be beneficial.  A lot of teens can't afford birth control or have any means of obtaining it themselves.  It is good for educational purposes as well.  The more that young people are exposed to birth control and disease prevention, the better off they are.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, Birth Control Pills are a prescription only drug with some severe possible side effects--and a physician takes a lot of things into account before prescribing them.

A person should have a physical first before taking them.  A school is not equipped to oversee this kind of program.

1. ashleybunn profile image61
      ashleybunnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

duffsmom, I agree. Everyone should consult with their doctor before going on BC pills - they're not right for everyone and can cause nasty side effects. However, in this case I was thinking of BC such as condoms or spermicide that most can use.

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh strange - I immediately thought birth control pills.  Other forms didn't even enter my mind--Brain Cramp!  :-)

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I honestly don't believe so. It is like saying it's ok if they have sex. If they want to have intercourse, they can pay for the condoms and pills.

working