jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

How do you reward yourself after accomplishing something you've been working har

1. brenda12lynette profile image84
    brenda12lynetteposted 5 years ago

How do you reward yourself after accomplishing something you've been working hard for?

2. Weekend Reader profile image86
    Weekend Readerposted 5 years ago

Dinner at my favorite restaurant. Personal budget constraints over the last few years have made dining out into a rather rare event. If the accomplishment includes other people, I invite them along too -- a good meal shared is a fine reward.

3. kj force profile image74
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I go outside and sit on the bench in my " weed " garden overlooking the water..breathe deeply and meditate...it cleans the cobwebs, and heightens my creative juices .....thus releasing the pressure it took for the accomplishment....
    then I go for an herbal massage......

4. Vinsanity100 profile image62
    Vinsanity100posted 5 years ago

i like to find something that i like to do or some place that I want to see, then I plan for it, plan out my work, and then go for it. I found that working for goals is much easier.

5. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

I'll go outside no matter the weather and take in the elements. Sometimes I'll put on some of my favorite songs and reflect, or I'll pace around with a huge smile on my face unbelieving of what happened.

6. jaybird22 profile image67
    jaybird22posted 5 years ago

I take a vacation.  Even if it is an extended weekend to travel to Jersey and visit friends, I feel relaxed and it takes my mind away from the everyday hustle and gives me a chance to reflect my accomplishments.

The drive or travel is where I do my most reflecting.  I put on my music and just kick back and run through thoughts of what I've done and what I plan to do next.  It is very relaxing.

When I get to my destination, it's all about spending time with friends and loosing myself in the moment.  This is great and helps me relax.

Then, I have to drive or travel back home.  The trip, again, gives me more time to myself to reflect and think to myself.

By the time I return to work, I feel completely recharged and ready to take on the biggest obstacles that await me.

7. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I would buy something nice for myself! smile

8. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

Thank God first--
    Cook something delicious for my husband and children--
    Listen to my favorite music--
    Go for a long drive along with my family, to a place rich in natural beauty.

9. Virtuous1 profile image60
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

I will go shopping and buy myself something....

10. Chen Suen profile image73
    Chen Suenposted 5 years ago

I thank God first!

Then I'll plan something nice for my girlfriend and me.  Usually, it's a short weekend away or a nice dinner.  It's important to celebrate and reflect on the accomplishment you just achieved.  Everything I do is for my family and I love spending time with them to remind myself of why I did it in the first place.

11. davidlaw2 profile image61
    davidlaw2posted 5 years ago

Hello: I wrote an inexpensive ebook that provides an answer to this question. It is worth at least taking a look at the sample read.

http://bookstore.booktango.com/Products … nsion.aspx

12. wetbaknproud profile image67
    wetbaknproudposted 5 years ago

being that i'm a food lover with something i really like

13. fjpteach profile image59
    fjpteachposted 5 years ago

Thank God for helping me to do it! Then dinner, shopping, and catching up on the sleep that I lost while accomplishing my goal!

14. cakeinthemorn profile image61
    cakeinthemornposted 5 years ago

A prayer followed by ice cream and time with my kids!!  smile  Nothing beats curling up with some good comfort food and taking a big breath and a few moments to notice how blessed I am in my life.