What is a full and detailed description of a Vegan lifestyle?

1. JamiJay profile image90
    JamiJayposted 5 years ago

What is a full and detailed description of a Vegan lifestyle?

Anyone out there living a vegan lifestyle? I am very interested in creating new and original very healthy and balanced vegan recipes (even though I am not vegan myself). I have a fantastic vegan protein powder and I want to be able to put it to great use! I am very interested in this particular lifestyle and very willing and open to learn. Please help me in better understanding this interesting lifestyle. Please and thank you!

2. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 5 years ago

A vegan lifestyle is simply one that does not use animal products in any way, shape or form.

1.  Eating:  No meat of any kind or eggs, honey, dairy, or any food that has any animal product in it whatsoever - no matter how minimal.

2.  Clothing:  No leather (shoes or otherwise).  All clothing must be animal-product- or cruelty-free.  This makes silk a no-no.  Silk comes the cocoons of the silk worm.  Usually, in order to harvest it, the silk worm cocoons are boiled killing the larvae.  There is a cruelty-free silk available; but, it is hard to find and quite expensive.

3.  Personal Care Products:  Read all labels - animal by-products are used in a variety of personal beauty/skincare products.

A vegan lifestyle requires some research because unless you know what those words on the labels mean, you may inadvertently be using a product that contains animal by-products.

1. JamiJay profile image90
      JamiJayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awesome thank you. I never would have thought of honey as being an animal product, but that's why I asked! Thanks for pointing out those minimal details, very helpful.

working