How do you get management to realize that you have chronic back pain and not acu

1. breastpumpreviews profile image83
    breastpumpreviewsposted 5 years ago

How do you get management to realize that you have chronic back pain and not acute.

I am having a hard time performing all of my job functions at work and notified management.  I have a physical job over 50% of the time.  I got drs documentation and my bosses think that I still can do my job with no restrictions despite the pain I have while performing certain functions of my job.  My back isn't going to get better, if fact, I need surgery but can't afford it at the moment.

See my hub for more information about the details of my back injury/pain.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think I would see my doctor and have him put my diagnosis in writing.  And make sure they get a copy of the letter.  Document, document, document because at some point if you cannot work and need to apply for disability, you want all of this documented.

1. breastpumpreviews profile image83
      breastpumpreviewsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I went and performed a physical fit test so that my dr could tell them what I can and can't do.  Problem is they don't realize that it's repetitious movements that hurt me and they are focused on weight instead.

working