jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the reason for a recurring dream since childhood?

1. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

What is the reason for a recurring dream since childhood?

Have you had a similar dream periodically throughout your life? I have had a few and they only change slightly over the years.  What do you suppose the purpose of those particular dreams are?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I have. I think we dream these dreams because we have had certain insecurities that we aren't even aware of. Or maybe we are and don't face them?

3. suzettenaples profile image91
    suzettenaplesposted 5 years ago

I had a recurring dream all my childhood and up until I was about 17 or 18 years old.  Here is what I found out.  I had the dream because there were questions and some things I could not figure out, deep in my subconscious.  When I grew up and figured out the answers to my subconcious questions, the dream stopped.  I think when we have something in our subconscious we need to figure out the dream keeps recurring until we do.  Once we figure it out, there is no need for the dream and it stops.  I have never had that dream again.

4. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

When you're asleep, your natural defense mechanisms break down;  your mind is telling you you have some unresolved conflict or problem that you need to look at and deal with.

working