What is the weirdest recurring dream you have?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image86
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

What is the weirdest recurring dream you have?

I often dream that I am trying to find a toilet when I am in a strange town! The funniest thing is that the toilets are always made of wood, falling down, or up in the wall so I have to climb up! And no its not because I have a weak bladder! lol! the rest of the dream is just as weird. I can't find who I was with, never know who they are, but I expect they have run of in embarrassment!

2. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

That is a strange one there you have.  LOL  I don't remember my dreams, except two in my whole lifetime.  The strangest dream I still remember to this day, as it was a recurring dream, was that a huge sumo wrestler was chasing me, and I could never run very fast, just in slow motion.  It would always start out in my neighbor's backyard on top of a hill and then I would be running towards my house, and then wake up.  So weird to say the least.

Nell Roseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol! Sumo wrestler? now thats different! love it!

3. phtech profile image76
    phtechposted 11 years ago

I have a reccuring dream about a natural disaster that I have to "save" my family from. It's usually either a bunch of tornados or a volcano. Fitting because we are in the blast zone for the super volcano in Yellowstone wink

Sounds like yellowstone is on your mind a lot, which is really helpful if you think about it, at least in your dream you have done the safety training! lol! thanks!

2. Acmontero profile image60
      Acmonteroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@phtech, I am constantly dreaming about tornadoes and the beaches overflowing. It scares me because of all these tornadoes that have recently gone on.

4. WalterPoon profile image69
    WalterPoonposted 11 years ago

I was staying in a house in Kuala Lumpur and I always dreamt of a cocktail party filled with dead people in Chinese dynastic costumes... an oddity because ancient Chinese don't drink cocktail.

It always happened when it was too hot and I slept on the floor. All of a sudden, the room would be very noisy, like a market. And the room would be fully packed, so much so that there was hardly any walking space. And they would walk around me so as not to step on me.

I still do not understand the significance of this often-repeated dream. It only happened in that room where I stayed for over a year, and nowhere else.

It sounds very much like sleep paralysis to me, which is caused by awakened dreaming. I wrote a hub about it. what a fascinating dream, maybe it was real, a costume party that somehow has imprinted on the room? time slip.

5. lady rain profile image92
    lady rainposted 11 years ago

Nell, I often dream of toilets, too. In my dreams, I am always trying to use the toilet but the toilet has no door and there are people watching me so I couldn't do what I wanted to do. A few years ago, I had the same dream and decided it was no big deal if the toilet didn't have a door. I did a pee, that's when I woke up and found I had done it on my bed and my sleeping partner!

1. WalterPoon profile image69
      WalterPoonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL, that's very interesting!

2. Nell Rose profile image86

Haha! so it must be about our bladders yelling at us! next time in the dream for goodness sake wait for a door to be there! thanks for the laugh, and yes I totally understand it!

3. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, for heaven's sake.....look at your name.....lady RAIN!!   LOL

6. mbwalz profile image85
    mbwalzposted 11 years ago

I have two. One is that I'm a kid and that I'm forgotten at our weekend house that was in the middle of nowhere. I'm adopted so I know that's all about abandonment. I wrote one of my best poems about that.

The other is that I'm in a house that I'm familiar with and that I find a door, which leads to new and different rooms I didn't know about. I love that dream!

thanks mb, that does make sense with the first dream, and the second one sounds fascinating!

7. johnr54 profile image47
    johnr54posted 11 years ago

That I am lost in the halls of my high school which is weird because I gave tours of the new high school we moved into it when I was a junior and knew that school like the back of my hand.

Isn't it funny john, how we have these 'lost' dreams. maybe it is showing us how we felt at the time. being nervous of making a mistake when you started doing the tours? thanks for the comment, nell

8. HappyMikeWritter profile image60
    HappyMikeWritterposted 11 years ago

Lately I am getting one dream all over. I am at the train station. I am holding a little kitten in my hands. Suddenly I stand up on a rails and watching a train approaching me. As it is very close to me and keep approaching fast I throw the poor kitten against the train. Suddenly the train disapear and I smile.

A friend of mine explained me that dream as follow: The train represents all the stress and negativity. The kitten represents innosence and kindnest. By throwing the kitten against the train simply means I try to fight the negativity by trying to change it into something positive.

I am not sure if that sounds oki but being insane is not that bad, right?

lol! no it sounds fine to me! to me the kitten sounds like you feel naive at times and people try to take advantage, well, no more, the sweet little you is going to get tougher! sound accurate?

2. HappyMikeWritter profile image60
      HappyMikeWritterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wish I could but I am always soft at times when I need to be stronger especially when it comes to dealing with work mainly.

9. Sunshine625 profile image83
    Sunshine625posted 11 years ago

Nell, Your dream made me LOL a few times! You are a hoot (means funny!) smile
    I rarely dream, I think I don't sleep enough or I do dream, but never remember them. I just sleep. I think. If I ever have a recurring dream I'll be back to post about it! smile

Thanks Linda, you probably do dream but just forget it like most of our dreams, shame, I wanted to see your funny story! lol!

2. Sunshine625 profile image83
      Sunshine625posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It'll probably be too x-rated for HP. Haha!

3. Nell Rose profile image86

Lol! would a certain country and western singer be involved?

4. Sunshine625 profile image83

Keith Urban jumping out of my birthday cake! smile

5. Nell Rose profile image86

Lol! Linda, you wish! haha!

6. Sunshine625 profile image83

If only a genie would pop out of a bottle and grant me 3 wishes smile

10. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

The recurring dream, throughout many years, for me, is that I am "somewhere," either in a car or on foot...or some of each.....in an unknown place....often alone, but sometimes I'm with another person (who I talk to, but I don't recall in the morning if I KNEW that person)....and all I want is to get away from where I am...and go home to familiarity and comfort.  I feel very upset and frantic in this dream, because I don't know how to get home.....and no one seems to be able to help me.
    I HATE when I have this dream, because I wake up feeling exhausted.

Hi paula, isn't it strange how many of us are either lost or in a place we don't want to be? I see a pattern here, I often get the lost dream too. it may be that we all feel lost in everyday life but we don't realise it.

2. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nell.....you're so romantic....I love you.  Trust me honey, I KNOW I'm lost!  .....In more than one way!......lost and clueless, most of the time!  LOL

11. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 11 years ago

Is when i dreamed about someone or something that I do really want to happen. For me dreaming for it is weird. And sometimes i do dream of places and when I visit a place it looks familiar, WEIRD

I wish I had those dreams! lol! I want something then dream it, trouble is we wake up without it!

12. bac2basics profile image83
    bac2basicsposted 11 years ago

Hi Nell.
    I have two recurring dreams, one is that I am in the UK or somewhere else and can´t get back to Spain , it´s horrible because I know I have guests coming for holidays and nothing is ready for them, nor am I here to let them in.
    The other equally horrible dream is that I am over run with gypsies or beggars and they are all over my land and trying to get in my house to steal everything. Both are really upsetting nightmares and I wake in a panic from them.

Hi anne, I think its because you don't want to come back from spain, maybe I am wrong but you feel its your home. The beggars are the people who may take over, metaphorically of course, your home when you move/

13. Beata Stasak profile image77
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

Had a repeated dream from the age I was five that I fell of the balcony of the skycraper and before I reach the ground I always woke up. Went to try skydiving to get rid of this nightmare and it had help. The funny thing was I have always lived on the first floor or on the ground.

1. HappyMikeWritter profile image60
      HappyMikeWritterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

omg, fallin off the skycraper would kill me even as a dream lol
      I Am affraid of heights in any world:-)

2. Nell Rose profile image86

They say that dreaming you are falling always stops just before you land, wonder what would happen if we did land? yikes! lol! thats a bit drastic to get rid of a dream! skydiving? I would rather have ta a cup of tea and watched  tv to get rid of it!

14. Sue Bailey profile image69
    Sue Baileyposted 11 years ago

I often dream of dolphins. I've no idea why but the worst one was when I saw these dolphins in a pool in the distance but when I got up close they were pigs!

15. Acmontero profile image60
    Acmonteroposted 11 years ago

I will say that I have by far the weirdest and most vivid dreams. About a year ago for months every night I was dreaming of tornados. Lots of tornados. I was standing right next to them and they weren't doing anything to me. Around the same time I kept having dreams of me being down the shore with family and something like a Tsunami accuring. Those two natural disasters were recurring dreams of mine for months.

Wow! it does seem that dreams do come true, but not necessarily the good ones, thanks

16. skellams profile image61
    skellamsposted 11 years ago

Hi Nell. I had a recurring dream for probably about 6 years. I was always trying to call my husband in these dreams. I would be in different places every time and sometimes other people would be around, sometimes I was alone. I always felt frantic and desperate to get a hold of him. But something would happen each time and I was never able to reach him. Sometimes the phone would not dial, I got a busy signal, no one answered, etc.
    One day they just went away and I haven't had that dream since.

17. profile image52
    altosax1997posted 11 years ago

I have two recurring dreams that are only different in one way - what I'm running from. I no longer have nightmares. None of my dreams frighten me regardless of what it is chasing me. The two dreams I have I am with a group of people & we are either trying to escape zombies or dinosaurs (usually a T-rex). The lay out is always the same just the threat changes. In the end we get on a plane & fly off (just barely).

18. HeatherH104 profile image75
    HeatherH104posted 11 years ago

Dreams are so interesting! Your dream is funny!
    I have been dreaming for decades about someone I dated in high school. It alternates, sometimes he's pursuing me and I'm not interested and other times I'm interested and he's not. He and I were very good friends but lost touch. I have fond memories of him, but don't feel romantic toward him. We saw each other a few years ago at a high school reunion and seeing confirmed that I don't feel romantic toward him yet I continue to have the same dream. Unexplainable.
    Fun question!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)