jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a good multivitamin to take?

1. jbrock2041 profile image81
    jbrock2041posted 5 years ago

What is a good multivitamin to take?

2. AnniesHealthTalk profile image89
    AnniesHealthTalkposted 5 years ago

Look for a multivitamin that contains natural forms of the vitamins as opposed to synthetic forms (those synthesized in a laboratory). A time-released multivitamin can also be beneficial for maximum absorption by your body.

3. BigSerious profile image92
    BigSeriousposted 5 years ago

My favorite are made by Vitamin Code and are called Raw. They are whole-food based, which your body absorbs better than processed, synthetic supplements. Taken with food, your body treats the supplement as food, absorbing it appropriately and using it appropriately. They are pricier than usual multi-vits, but completely worth it to me.

4. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Yes indeed, you may want to try Nutrilite brand multivitamins. They are made from whole plant concentrates and many have significant phytonutrients. The natural ingredients that go into their products are grown using sustainable and chemical-free methods (they have Organic Certificates to verify their organic nature). A significant amount of their production is completed at the largest (certified organic) herb farm in North America called Trout lake Farm. It is located in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in Washington State... I have been using these for over a decade and have found them to be wonderful (my daughter, is a certified personal trainer, as she works her way through college and loves them for their quality)...

5. crazymom3 profile image74
    crazymom3posted 5 years ago

You may think this is  funny, but when I was pregnant I couldn't stand normal multi-vitamins or prenatals.  I could even smell the calcium in the OJ, and it bothered me so I refused to take any of those.   What I did like was the kids gummy vitamins, back then they even had some sour ones, and didn't have grown up ones.  Today they actually make the adult gummy vitamins and even fiber gummies.  I love them. Now I couldn't tell you how effective they are compared to other multi vitamins but they are the only ones I actually like and will take.  My husband used to buy bottles and bottles of vitamins and they would sit in the cupboards for years and never get taken, but the gummies...they go fast.  Our whole family eats them.  (lol, you would think I work for the gummy company, but I don't.)