jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Can you name the only other living thing on the face of the earth that share's 1

1. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago

Can you name the only other living thing on the face of the earth that share's 100% of man's DNA?

2. naeemebrahimjee profile image74
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 5 years ago

Hmm.... I would have to say the woman?

smile

1. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm going with this answer as well.

2. Insane Mundane profile image59
      Insane Mundaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, well, I thought he (the one who asked the question) meant 'man' as in mankind.  If it is gender related, then sure, you of all people should know.  That's what I get for thinking on a broader scale; ha-ha!

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

It is often said that humans and chimpanzees share 99% the same DNA. Genetic comparison is not simple due to the nature of gene repeats and mutations, but a better estimate is somewhere from 85% to 95%. This figure may still sound impressive, but most DNA is used for basic cellular functions which all living things share. So the answer to your question would have to be a Woman.

1. Insane Mundane profile image59

Maybe the answer to this question is:  Whoever keeps voting everybody's answer down on this quesion, should perhaps provide the answer, since they seem to think they know......

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

SO THIS MUST BE YOU INSANE???? This only the second time I've been back. I don't even know what your response is? I honestly don't care who is right. I only wrote what I thought?

3. Insane Mundane profile image59

I'm not saying you did!  I'm saying whoever is voting all the answers down should perhaps provide the answer!    I had to comment somewhere, as I didn't want to reply to my own post.  No need to get defensive... Why would I vote myself down?  LOL!

4. profile image0

Peace!! I googled it bro. Genome Research Institute and several universities compared the same stretch of DNA in a chimpanzee, baboon, cat, dog, cow, pig, rat, mouse, chicken, zebrafish and two species of pufferfish with human DNA. Not 100% though???

5. Insane Mundane profile image59

And the point is?  Uh, uh, they are all different!  Ha!  Such research at hand...  [eyes rolling in the background]

4. Insane Mundane profile image59
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

The basic DNA analysis is a common misconception, it seems... Did some divine being or alien race splice our DNA or have we risen from a universal awareness of it all?
    Hell, technically, common field mice share a large percentage of our DNA, just like most living things on Earth.  Mind you, we are all atomically connected to the universe...
    Anyway, a few molecular tweaks here and there, seems to create totally different species, yet people keep making a big deal about the monkeys (blah!).  Speaking of such, I was just looking at my squash plants in the garden and started thinking about plant evolution.  Why would it be beneficial for a plant to produce fruit that I wanted to eat, when it has no problem scattering its own seed via natural causes?  Was it put here for food?  Most answers to life's common questions are so simple, the scientific reasons are just plain stupid...  How sad, I know... 

That last statement of mine goes back to the mathematician clowns who overly analyze 2 + 2 soooo much, that they say it no longer equals 4; go figure...  hmm

1. Insane Mundane profile image59

If what other people are saying on this Q & A page is true, this query was about whether males share the same DNA with females or not?  If so, this question is totally asinine!

2. profile image0

That's what it seems like.

3. quicksand profile image80
      quicksandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very well thought out. Cheers!

5. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

No two living creatures ever share 100% of their DNA. It is an impossibility.

working