jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does a celebrity losing significant weight really influence you to do the same?

1. beana profile image59
    beanaposted 5 years ago

Does a celebrity losing significant weight really influence you to do the same?

We all know celebrities have the cash to lose weight anyway they choose. Why not show an average joe losing weight in an affordable way?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I would believe an average Joe better than a celebrity. And no, it doesn't make me want to lose weight. It just makes me think they will gain it back soon.

3. haydengomes profile image61
    haydengomesposted 5 years ago

Well Yes and No. No, because they do have the physical trainers, cooks and assistant to help which kinda takes away half the credit of them losing weight. Yes, because they still have to workout to shed the pounds. They still have to go through the pain of losing weight. My guess, its probably harder for a celebrity to maintain / lose weight. Simple reasons,the stress of being under the microscope and being constantly evaluated by the media. Since they have the money and a comfortable lifestyle, it is very easy to let go.

4. Alexander Mark profile image83
    Alexander Markposted 5 years ago

Definitely not. Although it is true that many actors work long hours when on the set, (or singers on tour), they can afford to take a year long vacation so they can focus on their health. They have all the resources they could want and even a personal trainer (only one?). If I only had a house with a pool in the back with a heater, I would be swimming every single morning. Life for the average lower or middle class person isn't that easy.

Then again, there is some willpower involved, look at Kirstie Alley. She was bee-autiful 30 years ago, and she can't seem to keep the weight off now. Which reminds me to remember not to look down on overweight people after I lose my poundage. It can always come back and gluttony is often a tool to compensate for some kind of loss or stress.

Celebrities also have problems that they can't overcome, just because they're rich doesn't give them a free ride to solving them. But being rich does make it ALOT easier and I have a hard time being inspired by weight-loss celebrities.

5. teyeger82 profile image76
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

I am not inspired by celebrities losing weight. They generally have more free time and money than the average person. More free time is more time to exercise and work out. More money gets you better weight loss treatment and better food. I am inspired by people that make it happen no matter what their situation and there are many that do it!