How do you motivate yourself to get up and do work around the house on off days?

1. rick combe profile image84
    rick combeposted 5 years ago

How do you motivate yourself to get up and do work around the house on off days?

Once I get started i'm good for the rest of the day, but getting my butt off the couch can sometimes be a problem. Any tips?

2. Peanutritious profile image60
    Peanutritiousposted 5 years ago

With great difficulty! I seem to be distracted by the most ridiculous things! Picking up an old magazine, watching something on TV that I would never normally. Anything to delay the inevitable!

3. sriparna profile image82
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

Very difficult actually as I am not the household work types. But what I do when I have to do it is, keep some time, like one hour I'll clean up the room, then I'll relax and read a book. While I fold clothes, such a mundane job, I usually switch on the TV and see something and in 15-20 minutes a big heap of clothes gets done. If I have to cook, I put on my favourite songs on CD player and as I cook, my concentration is more on the songs and the cooking is done. I love doing so many things, but I don't know why when it comes to doing things around the house, I am the laziest person.

working