jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are some teas that that are safe to use for weight loss?

1. Janellegems profile image65
    Janellegemsposted 5 years ago

What are some teas that that are safe to use for weight loss?

Also,how many cups of tea would you have to drink daily to see the results.

2. seigfried23 profile image77
    seigfried23posted 5 years ago

Green tea's always a good one.  Dont add sugar; add a bit of honey to sweeten if you like.  You exchange soda, or whatever else you're drinking for green and you'll drop pounds even without exercising - though one should always try to exercise.

1. Esther  Strong profile image86
      Esther Strongposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I too have heard that Green tea is good.  If you want to avoid the caffein, you can get green tea decaffeinated tablets instead of drinking the actual tea.

3. jf_2000 profile image71
    jf_2000posted 5 years ago

Tea alone will not make you lose weight.

Weight loss is simply a result of burning more calories (through activity) than you consume through food and drink.

If you consume high calorie food and drinks, no tea will help.

Having said that, tea could be a good substitute for sugar laden sodas, juices or other drinks,  lowering your overall calorie intake.

Any tea without milk or sugar should work equally well in practice. Adding milk, sugar, honey etc will increase the calories.

Technically a high caffeine tea should help slightly more by increasing your metabolism, but the difference is barely noticeable.

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

Janellegems,

I don't know about any specific teas used for weight loss but, I'm having great success with Green Coffee Extract. I take 800 mg 2 x daily 1/2 hour before meals.

Oprah's Dr. Oz recommends this for use in natural weight loss.

Lisa

5. artist101 profile image69
    artist101posted 5 years ago

They say green tea is the best for weight loss. There is a new supplement that combines green tea, and raspbery ketones in the help of weight loss. Combined with  Cla, and of course excersise, and eating right, has been shown to help burn fat more effectively. I have written an article on the subject http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Dr-Oz … eight-Loss
    the specific product is http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Tech-Pharmaceu … ones+dr+oz
    You probably wouldn't be able to eat that many rasberries, nor drink that much green tea to equal the amount in this supplement.

working