jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite herbal remedy?

1. starstream profile image78
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite herbal remedy?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Tea tree oil for burns is at the top of my top 10.

3. SherryDigital profile image60
    SherryDigitalposted 5 years ago

Wild Oil of Oregano is a strong anti-fungal and natural antibiotic that is great for many ailments and illnesses.

4. toyota 4k profile image60
    toyota 4kposted 5 years ago

I eat celery for my high blood pressure including garlic and take coffee moderately since it has been proven as an antioxidant.

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing your favorites.

5. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Grapefruit seed extract, and olive leaf extract as a sinus cleanser. Both are very effective as an antibiotic, an antifungal, and antimicrobal. May be used for as long as needed to clear up a sinus infection, where as over the counter nasal sprays, and steroid nasal sprays, only treat the symptoms, not the infection.

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have never heard of using this herbal extract as a sinus cleanser.  It is very interesting.

2. artist101 profile image67
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, it is amazing what the natural medicines can do. I used to be plaqued by sinus infections, until I used this product. You can use it for a cold or seasonal allergies, too.

6. royalblkrose profile image60
    royalblkroseposted 5 years ago

don't understand the question. there are many herbal concoctions, decoctions, potions, and tinctures for a great variety of ills, you are not specific in what you require the remedy for.
    example: st. johns's wort and kava kava are both good for taking internally to relax, however the mere smell of lavender also helps to relax.
    another example, oil of oregano AND olive leaf extract do double duty as anti-biotics and anti-fungals

7. profile image0
    Metamorpheusposted 5 years ago

Cayenne pepper. It's not especially pleasant to take but it is a natural painkiller and it's excellent at curing colds. Also, because you literally begin to smell like cayenne pepper if you take it long enough and in sizable doses, it's a great natural mosquito/insect repellent.

working