jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Are you able to have "fun" at a social event, party, celebration, etc., without

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

Are you able to have "fun" at a social event, party, celebration, etc., without drinking alcohol?

When you attend a social event, party or celebration of some sort, do you feel like you have to drink alcohol in order to be able to have fun?

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 5 years ago

No I don't need to drink, in fact I try to have all my fun and clear out before the drinkers feel the effect!

Faith Reaperposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very wise woman!!!  Thanks for answering the question.

3. Lucky Cats profile image79
    Lucky Catsposted 5 years ago

I don't need to imbibe to have fun .... not at all.  I feel sorry for those who do.

Thanks Lucky Cats for the honest answer.  I appreciate it.

4. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

I don't drink alcohol. So yes, I am able to have fun. My drink is coffee or how about some chocolate milk!

Awesome, wetnosedogs!!!  I should have posed the question differently, as those who do drink in order to have fun, may not want to share that.  No judgments placed everyone!

5. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I do not drink and I still have fun at social outings. I enjoy just talking with others and listening.

Great answer, and I appreciate you answering the question.  Exactly -  talking and listening!!!

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Absolutely. I don't drink at all and have always managed to have fun at those events - of course I end up being the driver for the evening - at least in our younger days.

Thank you so much for answering.  When you do end up being the driver for the evening, that is awesome, wonder how many lives you have saved in doing so?  Awesome

working