jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you floss your teeth every day?

1. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

Do you floss your teeth every day?

The dentist highly recommends flossing every day for the best dental health.  Do you think it really matters to dental health to floss every day?

2. carol7777 profile image88
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

Yes.  I was married to a dentist and the flossing keeps plaque at bay. It also massages your gums.  It only takes a few minutes.

3. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago

I personally do not think that it will benefit your overall hygiene and dental health if you do not floss every day.  However I strongly believe that if you do not have good teeth, which is often inherited within your genes, than it would most likely benefit you. Also flossing once a day, as my dentist also recently told me on an office visit, is important.  But then again I have not had a cavity, or problems with my gums for many years now. Not saying that it wouldn't also benefit me to floss every day, regardless of my own dental health, as my dentist recommended. Flossing in addition has many other benefits. One of them is by reducing your chances of developing blood clots believe it our not. Hope my feedback on your question adds to a positive discussion of your question topic.

4. profile image0
    Jeanastraposted 5 years ago

ABSOLUTELY!  Often, twice a day.  I can always tell when people don't floss - they tend to have chronic halitosis.  GROSS.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

It really does matter. I can feel the difference after just one day of not flossing. I've got TMJ, gingivitis, and my teeth keep moving together. If I don't floss for a day or two, my gums become weaker and my teeth move closer together to the front causing trouble.

6. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I floss my teeth every day and am rather religious about it. If I just brush my teeth alone, I feel like I'm leaving “stuff” behind. Brushing only assists in getting rid of surface material, not what's in between your teeth and if you don't remove what's in between your teeth, you're speeding up the decay process. Pretty nasty stuff.