jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to prevent young children from getting sick frequently and having sore throa

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image77
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 5 years ago

How to prevent young children from getting sick frequently and having sore throat?

2. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

My children and I drink fresh lemon juice (squeeze lemon into water and add a little stevia to sweeten it) every morning. It helps to keep us from getting sick. If we do get a sore throat, the lemon really helps take the soreness away.

We also get some exercise in the morning sunshine. Exercise and sunshine are both good for the immune system. Getting enough sleep is also very important.

Those are some simple things that everyone can do and it will go a long way towards keeping you healthy. I've wrote a hub about natural remedies for sinus congestion that you may want to read.

Best ~ fitmom

3. MargaritaEden profile image73
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

I make sure my kids eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, also during the cold and flu season I start giving them a multivitamins, fish oils and immune supporting herbs such as: astragalus, elderberry, garlic or echinacea. And I agree with Fitmom, it is extremely important that kids get enough sunshine (or if you live in a rainy place like I do, supplemental vitamin D), exercise and sleep. And kids need lots of hugs to stay healthy! smile I read somewhere about a study, that children need at least four hugs a day.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Drink plenty of water. Boil Lohan guo weekly with 2 litres of water. This is effective for sore throat.

Taking supplement like vitamin C, B-Complex and Multi-vitamin helps alot as my children have been taking since young and seldom fall sick.

5. MamaTschet profile image76
    MamaTschetposted 5 years ago

Hand washing constantly!!  If you swab a little kids hands throughout the day the amount of germs on them is horrifying!  I also have my kids keep hand sanitizer in their backpacks, in their cars, in their lockers, etc.  They have become a bit obsessed with clean hands!  But it seems to work!