jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Did you get the flu or a cold this month and if so how did you cure it?

1. flashmakeit profile image67
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Did you get the flu or a cold this month and if so how did you cure it?

2. melbelle profile image61
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

I let it run its course.  I took aspirin for the pain and nyquil to help me sleep.  I drank lots and lots of water and soup as that is all I could hold down.  In about 2 weeks you start feeling better.

flashmakeitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you because I have a friend with a very bad cold and that answer may help them.

3. Tommyknocker profile image68
    Tommyknockerposted 5 years ago

Yeah, water is a great cleanser. As a rule, I drink 8 cups of water a day and I feel great!

Thank you for the answer.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I haven't been sick in a couple of years except really short-lived colds that last a few days.  And I just let it run it's course.

I am glad to know that and I hope you stay well.

5. Paul Kemp profile image76
    Paul Kempposted 5 years ago

No, I haven't had a cold in about nine months. It has been years since I had the flu. The secret, for me, is to keep my immunity up so I don't catch the cold or flu in the first place. If I don't get enough sleep, nor enough Vitamin D(sunlight or fish oil), if I get stressed out over something, any or all of these make me more likely to catch a cold. Getting rid of it takes time -- I think there must be herbs that could help knock it out or some holistic treatment, but I haven't found it yet. Rarely drinking alcohol and never smoking cigarettes are important steps to preventing both of these illnesses.

Get a good nights rest, take vitamin D or fish oil.   I believe that is useful advise I will try your method to prevent getting a cold this year.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yep. I got something this month and just waited until it was over. Took some medication to hide the symptoms and continued with life. Drank a lot of tea too.

Tea and lemon is often used to fight a cold.  Hope you feel better.

2. lburmaster profile image82
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

7. reallifechanges profile image60
    reallifechangesposted 5 years ago

Normally, I am happy to report that colds and flues don't affect me. But because I'm pregnant right now I have been having more challenges getting good quality sleep. So when I felt something coming on the other week, I did my usual routine. Daily supplement of a mammalian-source omega 3 was increased, took some Thieves Essential Oil with some water, an epsom salt bath with purification and frankincense essential oils, and good quality nap time. Was good to go the next day smile

Thanks, I am going to read more about Thieves Essential Oil .

working