Have you had your flu shot yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (34 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 13 years ago

Uninformed people in many parts of the world are still being vaccinated against H1N1 swine flu, despite mounting evidence that the vaccine does not work, that the whole "pandemic" was a hoax, and that the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus.
    And beware, the H1N1 vaccine is now often incorporated with the annual flu shot. Be informed!

Swine Flu is a hoax, but the vaccine could kill you!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic … sease.html

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Being Diabetic, my Doctor recomended it for me, and I did so.

I have a very hard time with the flew and my Lungs, and he has seen me sick like that, so he recomended it, and I did.

1. Yeast Cure Now profile image61
        Yeast Cure Nowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dutchman 1951. I was reading your reply abiut the flu shot, and your statement was that you are a diabetic and your doctor recommended you get the shot so you did. If I were you I would do a google search to find out what is in the flu shot. Here are a few of the ingredients formaldhyde, mercury, acetone ( finger nail polish remover ), aborted baby tissue, and other crap. The death rate from the flu has virtually remained the same year after year in spite of the rise in the people taking the shot.

Many people have died from the shot, and many have gotten the flu from taking the shot.

As far as your doctor recommending that you take the shot, remember doctors recommended that people take vioxx, and 60,000 of them died,
        That's more people than were killed in the Vietnam war.
        My motto is "Your Health Is Your Own Responsibility". Wish you the best

1. fooduciary profile image60
          fooduciaryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Yeast Cure Now.  Great response - I love your motto!  I actually did a little series on my own blog called "Be Your Own Health Advocate" because my experience has been that it's easy to make serious health mistakes by following doctor's orders.  Most doctors are heavily instructed and influenced by the pharmaceutical companies (and yes, profit is their highest objective - I empathize with brimancandy's response below).

I have an autoimmune disease and while on treatment my old doctor recommended the flu shot as well.  I didn't get it then and still don't for many of the reasons you mention, and I've been just fine.

2. tiffany delite profile image72
      tiffany deliteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have never had a flu shot in my life! neither have any of my children! we usually do just fine during flu season, but we are obsessive-compulsive when it comes to germs so we keep everything very clean!

1. profile image52
        snoweposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HI,
        Me too...
        I never encountered that serious as you have now..
        And always be clean to make you safe from any illness...

3. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I won't be getting a flu shot. I remember the first time around when they did this with the whole swine flu thing back in the 1970s. They scared people into spending money on these shots, and then it was never talked about again.
      But, the hospitals and Pharmacies raked in big bucks doing it.

People say that the shots are free. They are, but only to certain people. If you do not fit the profile of someone who they want to give it to you, they tell you to go to your local pharmacy and buy the shots which are not cheap.

If there is so much urgency, and fear around the spread of this flu, why wouldn't the government give the shots away? And, insist that every person gets one? I'll tell you, because it's just another way for them to pump money into financially strained hospitals, and pump millions to the people in the medicine business.

Just look at all the drugs that don't work, and all the ones that are on the market that are constantly being pulled because of their deadly side effects. Yet, there is always someone pushing for you to take it, wether it is going to help or not.

I'm sorry, but I am a bit tired of this whole medicine guessing game. It is almost like we are all test rats, and, if some of us die in the process of making medicine companies rich, they will consider that a good thing.

4. Ian Turner profile image60
      Ian Turnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had mine, which was a combination jab. I see from your post you linked the Daily Mail!!!!! An hysterical 'rag' if ever there was>

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

And even more uninformed people are spreading nonsense about Guillain-Barre Syndrome and vaccines.

1. purpleangel47 profile image60
      purpleangel47posted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of our patients is suffering with Guillain-Barre and he's convinced that getting the flu shot caused his condition. Right now his paralysis is in his legs, hasn't spread. It is definitely possible that a vaccine can trigger Guillain-Barre syndrome, but rare.
      In any case, the hosptal where I work and most hospitals, require employees to get the shot or lose their job. So ..... I'll be getting the seasonal definitely. I'll decide about the swine. But last year I got both. And except for mild cold symptoms, I spent the season caring for my patients, rather than being one.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, GB is extremely rare. But dying from flu is not so rare. That's why I objected to the OP.

I know ... the dying part definitely scared me enough that even if my job didn't require the shots, I'd get them anyway. I had asthma when I was younger - grew out of it but I'm 48 now; always afraid it might rear its head again. Having my tubes filled with all that mucus from respiratory illness is dangerous.

2. sannyasinman profile image59
      sannyasinmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read this about the dangers of vaccines, for starters . . .
      http://vaccines.mercola.com/

And if you or your doctor can prove the H1N1 vaccine is safe, go ahead and win yourself $10'000
      http://www.naturalnews.com/027985_H1N1_ … afety.html

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

The vaccine is safe and I got my shot without a moment's hesitation--the chance of a complication are miniscule compared to the risk of the flu.  H1N1 is quite real, and like any flu, potentially fatal.

4. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 13 years ago

I haven't had the flu shot in years, but I also haven't had the flu in years either.

You must have one hell of an immune system Origin! smile Thumbs up for you! Mine used to be ... seems like the closer I get to menopause, the more changes my body takes me through smile .... oh well ... it is what it is.

5. karna777 profile image58
    karna777posted 13 years ago

I haven't had a flu shot nor will I be getting one!

6. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I suppose there is nothing wrong with a little Darwinian self-selection.

But the disdain for  and general ignorance of science is worrisome.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
      PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am currently administering the Flu and pneumonia vaccines. I agree that the "pandamic" was a hoax but the flu is real. We have all either experienced it or have known someone who has.
      The vaccine contains INactive or a dead virus, so catching the flu from getting vaccinated is a myth.  It takes approx 2 weeks to take full effect, therefore if you are already carrying a virus you will get sick. 
      The 2010-2011 flu vaccine protects against three different flu viruses: an H3N2 virus, an influenza B virus and the H1N1.
      Regarding Guillain Barre Syndrome?  Most people who get Guillain-Barre syndrome do so after having a bacterial or viral infection. Very VERY few have been connected to the flu vaccine.In fact, the last associated death from GB and the flu shot was in 1976!
      Although GB is unfortunate, it usually reverses itself. In fact, the CDC states that the probability of getting GB from a flu shot is one out of 1 million vaccinated persons.
      Seriously, the choice is yours as with any treatment. The real thing is to research ANY treatment before doing it and be well informed.

Thank you for this post PaulaHenry. I'm a nurse support tech and I still hear health professionals spreading negative info about the flu shot. For the bad that could happen, the good outweighs it tenfold.

1. sannyasinman profile image59
          sannyasinmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are aware, of course, that these vaccines have never been properly tested, that they contain adjuvants and other substances toxic to the human body, and that many people have died after being vaccinated?

As for doctors - ask your doctor to show you a list of what is in the vaccine, and ask him to produce some evidence that it is safe. He won't know be able to. 

You are also aware, of course, that only about 15'000 people died IN THE WHOLE WORLD from A1H1 virus? Pandemic? What pandemic?

If you choose to take the flu shot that is your prerogative, but take a look below first . . .

10 things you’re not supposed to know about the swine flu vaccine
          http://www.naturalnews.com/z026717_swin … ccine.html

H1N1 Vaccine Ingredients,
          The following are the ingredient lists, warnings and side effects for the H1N1 vaccine

Not one scientific study has ever established the long-term safety of adjuvants and none have ever been approved for use in vaccines for humans.
          http://preventdisease.com/news/09/09210 … ings.shtml

7. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

No, and dont plain on it..

8. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Yes, I get one every year, and nothing bad has happened.  Some times I even snort it up my nose.

9. profile image0
    Contriceposted 13 years ago

This is my first time having the flu shot.  I'm a teacher and my doctor recommends one every year.  Usually I turn it down, but I did not this time.

10. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Never had one, never will.  I'd rather have the flu.  People are so heavily medicated these day their bodies have no chance of building immunities to any germ that happens along the way.

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Have you had your flu shot yet?

I haven't had a flu shot in decades and apparently my immune system has no need for it either. smile

12. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Well I did not get one this year, I got the flue and it made me sick, caused other illness and I have not shaken it all off yet.
    I will definitely not make that mistake again! smile

13. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

This year's annual flu vaccine has three strains - one is apparently the swine flu vaccine which many people were not keen on taking last year. Food for thought before you decide to take your annual flu jab.

14. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I got mine a week ago Monday along with my allergy shots.
    Being a Kaiser patient, the flu shot was free (they are offering them free to all Kaiser members).

I came down with a cold last Friday night. Still have it 8 days later!

Can I blame being injected with DEAD VIRUSES for causing me to get sick? I choose not to it doesn't feel like the flu. And if this is the only illness I get this season, I'll be happy (and healthy, of course).

15. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Whether or not you get a shot, H1N1 is not a hoax.  Not being immunised against the flu is an order of magnitude more likely to kill you than a vaccine is.  for most people both risks are so small that it doesnlt really matter, but the amount of misinformation out there is crazy and reduces the 'herd immunity' that protects our vulnerable old and young people from being exposed. Once vaccination rates dips below about 85%, flu infant mortality in a community goes up.

16. EPman profile image61
    EPmanposted 13 years ago

I'll pass. Flu shots bother me. There's something about injecting a foreign substance into my body over a sickness that I'm not even ailing from.

The best preventative measure is in personal hygiene. Exercise sanitary practices. Take care of yourself mentally and physically. My immune system can pulverize any pansy flu.

If people want to get the shots, though, I'm not going to criticize their choice. That's up to them. I was just getting sick of hearing about the damn swine flu every day on the news.

17. MichelleArakaki profile image61
    MichelleArakakiposted 13 years ago

Me and my husband won't be getting any flu shot ever.

18. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 13 years ago

No flu shots for me, thanks.

19. Diffugere_nives profile image69
    Diffugere_nivesposted 13 years ago

I just got my flu shot a few days ago, I don't like having any kind of needle and almost always get sick afterwards though not flu just a cold. This year I didn't get sick at all best I've felt after any jab. I think that the risk of serious illness or death from having a vaccine and the risk of the illness itself should show that it's worth taking. However if you're not at risk of flu causing you serious problems I can understand why you wouldn't get the vaccine, it's not really needed if you have a strong immune system. Flu can and does kill, people should be protected. Profit is a big deal so if you don't need it great don't spend the money but you need to weigh the benefits for people in the high risk categories.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)