What does living a healthy lifestyle actually mean?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. jfleck24 profile image60
    jfleck24posted 11 years ago

What does living a healthy lifestyle actually mean?

2. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

Living healthy life style actually means according to me leading an active life without any serious sickness mentally and physically as well.
    Thank you.

jfleck24posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That to me is exactly right, but how does one actually get to the point of living what is known as a healthy lifestyle. It is very true that so much goes into capturing that feeling. I really just wondering how others go about getting to that point.

2. dghbrh profile image79
      dghbrhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Its for me like feeling happy with life and all healthy from inside. That's what matters most for me. I try to feel the abundance of Universe from inside and when have that content with life feeling I am happy to know that, I am healthy.

3. jfleck24 profile image60

Can just feeling happy from inside and with your life be all though? Just being happy won't allow the body to function correctly.  Being satisfied with life has no effect on if the body is going function correctly. So much really goes into it.

4. dghbrh profile image79
      dghbrhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely . When one feels happy one have to be physically and mentally fit and sound according to me. Thank you.

5. jfleck24 profile image60

Exactly right. I am an exercise science major and just want to get other peoples perspectives on what they believe leads to a completely healthy lifestyle.  I want to see what other beliefs are.

3. fitmom profile image73
    fitmomposted 11 years ago

When you do things that are positive for your body, and minimize any things that are taking from your body, you are living a healthy lifestyle. Things that are positive for your body: nutritional foods- think fresh fruits, veggies, non-hormone meat, organic free-range eggs, lots of filtered water; exercise- anything active that you enjoy and gets your body moving and your blood pumping; limited time in the sun- boosts Vitamin D levels; minimize stress and learn to handle it better; balance hormones; and detox to rid your body of toxins that keep it from functioning optimally.

When you can sleep well, have good energy, have healthy skin that glows, rarely get sick, and feel whole, you are living a healthy lifestyle and can help to teach others how to live healthy as well.

Best ~ fitmom

Absolutely right. It is amazing how many people believe that being completely healthy means only  exercising and eating right, when actually many more aspects have to go into it. Family, home life, happiness with career, overall happiness, etc.

2. fitmom profile image73
      fitmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more jfleck24! All areas of our life contribute to us leading a healthy lifestyle or not.

4. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Healthy lifestyle means to me as eating the right balance diet and doing some form of exercises.

I have regular supplements, walking for at least 40 minutes a day and eating less fatty food.

5. hikhaleeq profile image59
    hikhaleeqposted 11 years ago

Healthy lifestyle means that we are careful about our health in all aspects of life activities. The lifestyle with utmost importance to physical and mental health means healthy lifestyle. if you want to lead healthy lifestyle always ask yourself following three questions:-

Is this food item is good for health or not?
    Am I exercising adequately or not?
    What steps should I take to manage stress?
    Is my working/living environment is healthy or not?

6. Emanate Presence profile image68
    Emanate Presenceposted 11 years ago

jfleck, the answers are going to be highly subjective - both as to what it means and how to get there - with just some common themes. Most would probably agree that to stop smoking would be a step towards living a healthy lifestyle. Yet when we moved to Germany three months ago, we were surprised by how much and how many people smoke here. We started talking about the smoking with two newly-met people in a bio store (like a natural food store in America). The first said his mother is in her 90s and smokes a pack a day and has an active mind and body (so that means smoking is not unhealthy.) The second person excused the smoking as people just wanting to be cool. In another bio store, the owner said he smokes three cigarettes every day, but they are organic from America.

One of the respondents in this Q & A thread referred to eating a certain type of meat. That is fine, but for me, a former meat eater, eating any type of meat would not be living a healthy lifestyle. I don't want to put the dead, rotting flesh of animals into my body. Whatever people say about their humane treatment, using animals for food feels not right. Neither to take the milk of goats or cows which is intended for their young. Still I eat some goat cheese, yet it is not my ideal.

Not self-righteously, we just bought a mega blender and started making smoothies from fresh whole produce and others from tofu and cocoa powder. That feels the best diet for us, so far, in general. Another general tip is to ignore the rules of nutritionists and listen to your own body first as you may already know. I found the 'Eat Right for Your Type' suggestions to be pretty right on with my experience.

There is much more to address in living a healthy lifestyle. It goes beyond eating and exercising habits as you said. My recent hub on 'How to Live a Fulfilled Life - Authentically' goes into more depth. Best to you on your inquiring journey.

Yep your answer gets into exactly what I am saying. Like I said there is so much that goes into being healthy that nobody even thinks about. I like your point that different things will work for different people and yes everyone has their own ideas.

7. manatita44 profile image73
    manatita44posted 11 years ago

Let us say for the sake of this discussion that we are both body and spirit. It follows that we need to feed both. The inner feeding is based on love of truth or Something Higher, call it what you are comfortable with. Feeding that aspect of the being requires spiritual practices: Prayer, love, service, praise, singing, scriptures and the like.
    The body, being an insrument or temple of the spirit, would obviously need to be looked after. So food (balanced), clothing, warmth, shelter, cleanliness, air and exercise, as well as social interaction, etc, are very necessary. All these would help with a healthy lifestyle.
    As we go higher up the ladder, we will realise that everything outer depends on the life lived in God and so purity, human decency and other aspects of life that make us strong, are also necessary. Narrowness is death, expansion is life. Always walk towards the Light and away from darkness; anything that makes you weak, reject like poison. This will enhance a healthy lifestyle or a life lived in God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)