jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think osteoarthritis is reversible for those with abnormally early onset?

1. Vega Vallari profile image85
    Vega Vallariposted 5 years ago

Do you think osteoarthritis is reversible for those with abnormally early onset? If so, how?

2. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Yes I do, I think that all things are possible. With the right supplements, and physical therapy. Many arthritic conditions are caused by an over reactive immune system. Or "auto immune" response, as it is usually labelled. Any medication, prescribed or other wise can cause an auto immune response.
    Osteo, is usually wear and tear, but by your early onset, My gut reaction is auto immune.
    1. To get the immune system to calm down: Beta Glucans
    2. For inflammation: pycnogenol, Solaray is the best
    3. For pain: boswellia: End Pain Formula
    See my articles for ordering information; http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Natur … ney-Stones
    4. Magnesium Gel applied directly to the site. Magnesium is very healing to the body, including joints, and tendons. Magnesium may also be taken in an oral dose, in capsule form. Very effective.

Depending upon the site of arthritis an exercise ball was very helpful in my own recovery. Basically, you lay on it. First on your front, then on your back. Again, depends on the severity of symptoms. Physical therapy at home. Usually, comes with a cd to explain the use of it, with recommended exercises to strengthen the area that is affected. Proceed at your own pace, if walking is all you can do then thats what you do. If sitting and raising your legs, or effected area is all you can do , then thats what you do. Resitance bands are also helpful in recovering an injured shoulder. Proceed at your own pace.
    Water exercise is also healing for arthritic conditions, Your local Y, probably offers classes in Aquatics.
    I hope this helps, in answering your question.

1. Vega Vallari profile image85
      Vega Vallariposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very in depth and alot of information. Thanks alot!

2. artist101 profile image67
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome, I am happy to help.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Osteo-arthritis is usually a wear and tear condition where rheumatoid athritis is an auto-immune condition. Both are manageable with a good diet (alkaline over acid), regular low-impact exercises, and supplements. I am also a big believer in arnica cream. menthol roll-ons, and ice for pain relief. There may be promise in hyaluronic acid, msm, and yucca extract as well as glucosomine.

working