jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What advice would you give to someone who wants to unlock the secrets of their m

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

What advice would you give to someone who wants to unlock the secrets of their mind?

2. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Meditation! Meditation Meditation Meditation!
    And journaling.
    And the one every one hates me for saying: seclusion - and I don't mean temporary seclusion.
    Meditation can be helpful in that it quiets the mind, and allows it to develop discipline. Once this inner stillness is learned, the mind can focus in a less distracted manner on what questions it has and learn the internal answer.
    Journaling of course because it helps to release the subconscious by activating the creative. It is important to do this regularly, as I'm sure every one has heard at least one Creative Writing or English Teacher, or published writers urge. Even if all you can write is "I don't know what to write" over and over again. It encourages the habit and makes it easier in time.
    The most I have ever learned about myself was when I was secluded. Of course I had people around me, but I was living in a place where I had no friends, very little work, and a lot of time to my self. For four years I was living like this, and it allowed me the ability to examine myself, to understand my way of thinking. I began to ask why I was feeling whatever feeling that was being felt in the moment. I would ask how I felt about feeling that feeling, and if it was reasonable or fair. I would question things from different angles. It was a very amazing experience to look back on - long and lonely, yes, but an experience I wouldn't give up on. The seclusion is important because it allows for less distraction of social demands. I try and get back into some of my old habits from when I was living in this place, but now I have lots of friends, a full work schedule, I live closer to family - and where I live is fun! As a result, I am very busy, and find myself either to exhausted to practice old meditative habits, or just without any time!
    Another option too is divination. I-Ching and Tarot are the two I recommend. I have more experience personally with the latter than the former, but both have been quite effective in giving me the answers that were buried too deep within me to hear.

3. Ratihegde profile image62
    Ratihegdeposted 5 years ago

Meditation and observing the thoughts. When we observe our thoughts, we start listening to the deepest part of our conscience and mind; this is the best way to unlock the secrets of our mind.

4. artist101 profile image68
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Down time, prayer, doing what makes you happy, doing what lifts your spirit, doing what makes you feel fulfilled, worthy, and special. Each of us are unique, and have a purpose, but if you are constantly bombarded with outside influence, how can you find your purpose? If you are constantly bombarded with noise, distraction, as well as worries, you cannot find your bliss. I know this by being an artist, My most productive, and creative moments are just before sleep. I use to keep a notepad and pen by my bed, while attending college. I had to take a creative writing class, not one of my strong points. Just before sleep as I was winding down came the most creative writings. It's like trying to remember a dream the next day, its almost impossible. The same went with drawings, I would write down key words, so that a visual could be recalled. Ideas, and unlocking your mind as you say, are achieved in a relaxed, calm spirit.

5. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

My advice? Try not to listen to people who claim that they have unlocked the power of their mind with marijuana, LSD, and ecstasy. big_smile