jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the difference between Ambition and Motivation?

1. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 5 years ago

What is the difference between Ambition and Motivation?

2. justgrace1776 profile image74
    justgrace1776posted 5 years ago

Motivation feeds the ambition. Ambition drives you, motivation helps you get to where you are going.

3. Heather63 profile image86
    Heather63posted 5 years ago

I would say that ambition is wanting to accomplish something, and motivation is the reason you want to accomplish something. For instance, I may have ambition to go to Africa, and my motivation for going to Africa might be to help the victims of famine there.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Ambition comes from within. Motivation is usually from external sources.  Just my first thought.

5. gis_r07 profile image82
    gis_r07posted 5 years ago

Both ambition and motivation are drivers for success. Ambition projects an end point (like achieving something or becoming someone); and motivation triggers a starting point (e.g. gaining financial independence may motivate someone to get started towards achieving his/her goals).

6. alanlsg profile image69
    alanlsgposted 5 years ago

Ambition is what you have inside you that makes you set targets and Motivation is what triggers you into achieving those targets to fulfil your Ambition.

See http://www.aspirationalattainment.co.uk as my book was written in response to the Motivation given to me by my mentor and I fulfilled my Ambition by dedicating it to him, John Hayward

7. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

the definition of Ambition is :A strong desire to to get or become something...as to set a goal...
    Motivation: the act of studying or working towards your a set goal ...regardless of the scarifices...

Many people have ambition but do not dedicate themselves to sacrificing ..whereas motivation is needed to attain...
    You can educate people but doesn't mean they will succeed , unless they take necessary steps to go forward...Motivation take dedication and commitment..to some that is too much work..good question..
    * example..young man has a wish to become an black belt..but..won't ever reach his goal, if he is not motivated..

8. krsharp05 profile image94
    krsharp05posted 5 years ago

Motivation is the fuel in your car; the gas which powers your internal engine. Ambition is the energy which drives you to get farther and farther on what little gas you might have.

9. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

We set a goal or goals that we would like to acomplish, and ambition pushes us in this general direction.
    Motivation by nature tends to bounce of someone else: the 101 yr old man who runs the marathon; the leader who leads by example and so forth. Motivation is positive and will encourage inner growth, ambition will feed the ego and can eventually be destructive.
    At one level, ambition is rather like desire in so far as it is necessary to move forward. Without it we can be dullards. But know that everything must be in their proper place. Discern wisely.

10. Debangee Mandal profile image58
    Debangee Mandalposted 9 months ago

Ambition is your self motivation and high spirit to reach your goal . While on the other hand, motivation is the inspiration provided by others which push you forward and tell you everyday to go ahead in your life .

But in spite of the minor differences the two merge at one point and both are essentially required to establish a well-settled life .
    Good question .
    Have a good day.