jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the difference between being in love and having feelings in your opinion

1. mathslover profile image84
    mathsloverposted 5 years ago

What is the difference between being in love and having feelings in your opinion?

2. jennshealthstore profile image89
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

I believe that love happens after you truly get to know a person, inside and out. After you know them, totally accept them for who they are then you can say you are in love. On the way to love you must have feelings of course. Sometimes feelings never develop into love. You can really care about someone but it does not mean that you will love them.

3. livhappy profile image59
    livhappyposted 5 years ago

When you have feelings for someone, it is usually for justification for yourself or derived from fear. On rare occasion those "feelings" can be evolved into love if getting to know that other person allows to prove that they are someone different than what you expected. Real love is absolutely undeniable because it is in the pit of your stomach and takes over your entire body blinding you from anyone else. That's the difference : )

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Love is a feeling. You can have feelings, and you do, for anyone. You dislike the girl at the local grocery store because she stares at you uncomfortably when you pull out your box of coupons. You enjoy your friends company and adore their personality. You hate the person who shot your family member and you love your husband.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Being "in love" means I want to spend the rest of my life with you!
    I have "feelings" for you means: You are not (the one)!
    It's the same thing as saying, "I love you but I'm not in love with you." (You are not "the one"!)
    Statements like those are designed to freeze a relationship or keep the status quo. It's tossing a crumb of hope to somone that desires the whole cake. If the relationship goes south the person can always remind their mate that they (told them) they were (not) "in love". Until that day arrives you get to keep having sex with them, enjoy their company, and hold onto their friendship. Essentially it's wasting their time. If you know you can't give a person the love and emotional investment they want you may as well set them free. Time is something we can't get back.